Discuss New shed circuit tripping RCD at house consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If the RCD in the summer house is tripping its more than likely one of the circuits from the summer house CU is faulty.............

EDIT : Old thread alert.

If the RCD in the summer house is tripping its more than likely one of the circuits from the summer house CU is faulty.............
I took them all out and put one circuit in at a time then took it out and tried the next one. each one tripped. Its possible that theres water intrusion somewhere but not on every circuit, but it does mean ripping out the garden and decking.

I took them all out and put one circuit in at a time then took it out and tried the next one. each one tripped. Its possible that theres water intrusion somewhere but not on every circuit, but it does mean ripping out the garden and decking.

The only thing you should be getting out is your MFT, a pad and a pen....

I would start by fully testing the RCD ...... then probably , test the sub main .....

Difficult to say on a forum, only you have seen the installation.....

Its unusual for a supply cable to affect an RCD but it does happen...

Garden electrics are such a pain ........... and hence why its best not to have them connected to a RCD which also protects house circuits..

if it's the RCD in the summer house that's tripping, then it's 99.9% that the fault is downstream of that RCD. the feed to the summer house is not going to be the problem.

Reply to New shed circuit tripping RCD at house consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a fairly recently installed consumer unit with an RCD, between it and the garden there is another, much older (25yrs?) RCB (big Wylex...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Long time member and not a regular user here. I do pop in here when the odd unknown pop's up and unable to locate an electrical dilemma...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
I try to keep out of Domestic work but I have a problem at home. Currently I have a wylex fuse board with re-wire fuses. they are great because...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock