Discuss new sky installation in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

beats

Good evening,

I have recently completed a new built 4 bedroom house,now time for 2nd fix, the client wants sky hd in the lounge and the master bedroom, with the other 3 bedrooms and the kitchen to have freeview and the same channel as sky in the lounge. I have run 3 coax's too the lounge and two coaxs to all other points.From the sky dish a shotgun cable goes to the lounge box.

From what i have read up on i will need the two cables from the master bedroom to go to the LNB of the dish to give that room hd , then an aerial/antenna cable to the lounge sky box and connect one of the coaxs to the rf2 out to feed an splitter/amp in the loft to provide freeview/one channel sky to the other points is this correct and is there any recommendations on the loft mounted aerial and splitter.

thanks chris

rf2 output being disabled later this year. Your distribution from the sky box will still be possible but you will have to split the rf1 output. This is an analogue distribution system you are suggesting which will be poorer quality. HDMI distribution over cat5 cable will give the best results.
You don't need two cables from the dish for hd, only for freesat + or sky + boxes.
Don't amplify unless you really have to and even then advise the customer that they will be more prone than non-amplified customers to lose all uhf reception if affected by lte interference over the coming months and years. Uhf distribution via a sky box will also make your customer more vulnerable to reception losses. More info http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...55-4g-mobile-phone-network-rumoured-very.html

Reply to new sky installation in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock