Discuss New spurs stadium having major problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

MG201

-
Reaction score
Ok without any football team references... Mace are the managing contactor and spurs have nominated contactors. So mace wont be liable to any delay clauses due to this. I read in construction manager journal approx 500 sparks ( including supervision ) but not sure. Anyway my point is with that amount of sparks and a good % of them are agency I'm not surprised they are having issues now they are doing testing and commisioning of the works. This is ment to be one of the most tech advanced stadiums in the world so can only imagen all the detailed works required... they are offering agency ÂŁ35/ÂŁ40ph and can do upto 80 hours per week.. the testing results would be a joke as so many people with diffrent methods. ..
Question 1 should they just get a specialst testing company to verify there instalation and give them there cert ..
Question 2 is it possible to ensure continuity and quality when using so many agency workers.
Question 3 ..has any 1 been on the site and have knowledge of the issues

The site wage bill is more than the football clubs wage bill.. over 3.8mil a week in wages madness. The club's is ment to be about 3mil

I've heard stories about some of the sparks being arsenal and west ham supporters going around cutting cables. Also heard that the wrong cables have been using for the fire systems and need to be redone.

Not a clue if either is true but it's just ridiculous if it is.

People should take pride in their work.

The working conditions at THFC are not good.
3,500 workers 50 toilets, only one canteen serving hot food, breaks too short to go out of the stadium for hot food, hours too long, problems with pay, supervisors sacking people for no good reason.
I was there in January this year for 4-6 weeks working for Redstone installing WiFi points and data.
Then again in July for 1 week working for Imtech, altering containment for power and lighting.
In January there was about 1,000 workers on site, in July 3,500. During that time, over 18,000 workers had been inducted. Ok, I was inducted twice.

For Redstone, I was getting ÂŁ190 a day working 8am to about 4:30pm. For Imtech I was getting ÂŁ200 a day 7:30am to 6pm.

I worked on T5 heathrow when it was getting built. The baggage handling system. Different companies had different areas to work in.. there must have been thousands of workers there. We were only cutting tray and trunking... another squad were running cables. Only *ONE* electrician was permitted to connect anything on our area, and he was following diagrams; "Connect core number X of cable number Y to connection number Z"

If there was a problem, it landed with whoever designed/drew the diagram

I worked on T5 heathrow when it was getting built. The baggage handling system. Different companies had different areas to work in.. there must have been thousands of workers there. We were only cutting tray and trunking... another squad were running cables. Only *ONE* electrician was permitted to connect anything on our area, and he was following diagrams; "Connect core number X of cable number Y to connection number Z"

If there was a problem, it landed with whoever designed/drew the diagram
Due to lots of T5 being built using Modern methods of construction and utilizing off site construction they managed to limit the number of issues..T5 is 1 of those few big jobs that can be classed as a success both in respect of quality ( as defined in client spec ) and on time. Most jobs of that scale go min 27%/75% over budget . Some of the MMC used were good especialy the new control tower section.

Many moons ago I worked on the Pfizer extension. It went over budget by 50million. Probably didn’t help that most sparks only done half a week but got paid a full week. Your buddy would go in one day and sign you both in and the next day you would go in and sign you both in :D

It's a shame but they've got their selves into the mess. Building a new stadium should be planned and tuned to the finest measure.
I did loads of work on food service areas in the old White Hart Lane stadium, a few years ago. There was some trouble with supply availability but , in general, it was good work and the Spurs officials and workers were friendly and co operative.
It seems like it's a bit different now, though.

Many moons ago I worked on the Pfizer extension. It went over budget by 50million. Probably didn’t help that most sparks only done half a week but got paid a full week. Your buddy would go in one day and sign you both in and the next day you would go in and sign you both in :D
Must have been all that free ------ on offer...…:rolleyes:

Reply to New spurs stadium having major problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net