Discuss New supply to outbuilding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Been asked to quote for a mates mum for a job after my holiday! and my niceic assessment (29th!!)

Basically she is getting one of them large wooden cabins at end of her garden and she wants a quote for the electrics to be installed..

In the house she currently has a 5way 3871 straight board (no spares)- no RCD protection -Unsure if its tns tncs yet (but there will be no other services in the cabin- so no need to worry about exporting etc)

Explained to her she will have two options-
1) carry out eicr of whole house (recommendation to do this first)- then upgrade to a rcd protected board with the new shed supplied from this new board too- also carrying out any c1,c2's if any
2) install a new separate small enclosure via henley blocks and then run my supply from here down to the fuse board in the cabin (this is looking the likely of the two)

My brain is saying just a 100a main switch and 40a mcb in the enclosure in the house
then 40m of 10mm 3core from the house down to the cabin cleated along fence and wall into a 4/5 way fuseboard- 100a main switch and 1x 6a rcbo and 1x 20a rcbo

my questions/ need reassuring :) is..
have I planned for the RCD in the correct place?

having it upfront leads to nuisance tripping..

I am pretty sure I have got it right- but would like your guys advise on where you site your rcd for shed supplies etc.

30mA RCDs local to the point of the activating fault is the best method to save nuisance from long travel without power just to reset.
Just ensure that you do not require RCD protection prior to this point.

30mA RCDs local to the point of the activating fault is the best method to save nuisance from long travel without power just to reset.
Just ensure that you do not require RCD protection prior to this point.

as i thought

and prior is just swa which will be cleated part fence part wall

Reply to New supply to outbuilding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net