Discuss New switching method. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 9648

Doing a EICR on a takeaway today....waste of a whole day,within 5 minutes I'd come to the conclusion the place should be shut down,but there's a form to fill in so you have to play the game and gather all the info.
One of the first things I noticed was a sangamo timeswitch in the passage between the shop and prep area. The L and S/Line had been disconnected from the clock and were just sticking out in the air. ....'cant be live...' I pondered. To my surprise the probes showed it was! Somewhat taken aback I asked the owner what the clock did. "Shop window sign light" he told me. "The clock makes such a racket I pulled out the wires,when I want the lights on I just touch the wires together"!!!........He proceeded to demonstrate,he had the wires bent so that when he touched them together they stayed and after a bit of sparking on came the lights!. How the hell he's still alive is a mystery.
The mind boggles.....

Doing a EICR on a takeaway today....waste of a whole day,within 5 minutes I'd come to the conclusion the place should be shut down,but there's a form to fill in so you have to play the game and gather all the info.
One of the first things I noticed was a sangamo timeswitch in the passage between the shop and prep area. The L and S/Line had been disconnected from the clock and were just sticking out in the air. ....'cant be live...' I pondered. To my surprise the probes showed it was! Somewhat taken aback I asked the owner what the clock did. "Shop window sign light" he told me. "The clock makes such a racket I pulled out the wires,when I want the lights on I just touch the wires together"!!!........He proceeded to demonstrate,he had the wires bent so that when he touched them together they stayed and after a bit of sparking on came the lights!. How the hell he's still alive is a mystery.
The mind boggles.....

how convenient his actions are your forum name lol

Reply to New switching method. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net