Discuss new the trade need some tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

depends on your budget and what you want to spend mate.

I had the oversight of I only wanted to purchase once so i got,
a set of irazolas £22 + vat
fluke t5 1000 £80+
knipex snips pliers and long nose £60 ish for the three
good set of crimps £50 ish i think
ck tool tote £50
hacksaw and junior hacksaw about £25 i think
electricians lock knife ck £6
stanley knife £8
personal preference on power tools but i got the dewalt xrp set with circ saw etc.
head lamp seen these in the pound shops
spriit level long and 1m long
laser level £30 with tripod screwfix special offer
plumb line chalk line both from the quid shop
i now have the metrel 3101 £500 ish i think got a good deal on it again with the meters it`s all about personal preference are you a fluke man metrel man or megger
as i said it all depends on your budjet as you can get a decent set of vde screwdrivers for around a tenner in my wholesalers, snips and pliers can be bought cheaper, tool box needent by as expensive and so the volt tester does not have to be a t5 if you don`t want to spend a ton.
my hammer is anti vibe which was around thirty ish i think but if you don`t want to spend that a hammer will cost you 4 quid or so. some of my gear when i could went on the companys bill so i have not had to pay for alll of it but most of it. i reckon i have quite a few grand sat in the utility room. but all worth it and also a good set of rods, although a bit of trunking lid does wonders as well and a good old fashioned coat hanger

Probably best to have a look at above and the tools and products threads, start of with the basics and add to your tools as you need them. You dont want to spend a fortune and find that you are not getting as much work as you expected and your bill paying funds have gone on tools that you havent even used.

Good luck

Chris

Have a look on sites like screwfix etc.

My preference is CK for screwdrivers and cutters, strippers etc.
DeWalt 18v cordless.
DeWalt 240v SDS.
Fluke 1652 MFT
And loads of other gear too much to list.
Don't waste your money on crappy flat bits, get yourself a set of Irwin spiral thingys (screwfix) awesome for going through joists etc.

Reply to new the trade need some tools in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock