• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss New to the forum new to the industry in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

CarlV

-
Reaction score
hi guys
At the ripe old age of 52 I have qualified as a Domestic installer, I’ve been looking around this forum from time to time so I thought I’d introduce myself.

Welcome to the forum mate.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I hope I can contribute to questions to even out the one I ask.

I've only been working for myself for a few weeks but I already have a couple of stories you wouldn't believe.

First job, new spur, coax and TV mount up on the wall, used an electric chaiser straight down no problem, however when I started chipping out it became apparent the two blades of the chaiser cut each side of a central heating pipe set in the wallDead in the middle, what would be the chances of that?? Luckiest man alive for a few minutes and that will not happen again

How do I start a new thread guys, I want to know which socket box cutter is the best to purchase, recommendations etc. I don't want to spend the next ten years chilling little squares

Central heating pipe buried in a brick wall? You sure it wasn't an electrical conduit?

How do I start a new thread guys, I want to know which socket box cutter is the best to purchase, recommendations etc. I don't want to spend the next ten years chilling little squares

Click on "forums" at the top left of any page, gives you a list of all sections. Click on whatever section title to bring up its contents. When you get a list of posts, 'start new thread' is up the top right somewhere.

Central heating pipe buried in a brick wall? You sure it wasn't an electrical conduit?

No deffernately central heating, micro bore, I didn't expect it to be there lol

Click on "forums" at the top left of any page, gives you a list of all sections. Click on whatever section title to bring up its contents. When you get a list of posts, 'start new thread' is up the top right somewhere.

Reply to New to the forum new to the industry in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back