Discuss New to this forum but an old electronics engineer in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and hope that I can help others as well as getting help myself.
I'm a 17th edition installation sparks and waiting to complete an 18th edition.
I was an electronics engineer back in the day, but things have progressed so fast, I don't know what info I have in my head is relevant to the modern day electronics. I'm talking glass valves in black and white televisions and even glass valves in car radios.

Hi Paul. Welcome to the forum. It is good you have both sides of the picture and valuable to the younger ones. I am sure you have much to contribute. Look forward to your input.
I was trying to say something along those lines Vorti, just couldn't get the grey matter into gear. Well said

Welcome Paul.
I had a valve radio in My old Vauxhall Victor, I also had a disc/cassette. Can you remember those?

wipes away the tears at the demise of the electronic valve. used to buy them by the box full, 2nd hand, from cpc when they first started outback in the 70's. sadly now the hundreds of crt TVs i repaired back then are long since gone.

once had one of the 8 tracks, 300 yards of magnetic tape spewed out into the player. took 3 hours to cut it all out. never again.

@telectrix . I still have an old Elizabethan Reel to Reel Tape Recorder my Mam bought me when I was about ten.
I had great fun putting the tape back on the reels , and splicing the tape too.

Reply to New to this forum but an old electronics engineer in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net