Discuss New Wylex “miniature” dp rcbo in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Are these actually in any wholesalers now, what price and has anyone fitted them? (Other reduced size dp rcbos are available too, allegedly).

Are these actually in any wholesalers now, what price and has anyone fitted them? (Other reduced size dp rcbos are available too, allegedly).
Same as the small sized hager rcbos, they are out there but hard to get hold of, i am told you can have them ordered in and will still save off the hager RRP. Which as we all know is an absurd amount for most things. if you have the product code google it and have a look.

It's worth mentioning that as well as for Wylex boards, Electrium are also bringing out miniature/no functional earth lead/switched neutral RCBOs for Crabtree Starbreaker boards, too. Current link (may change with time): Crabtree - https://www.electrium.co.uk/products/crabtree
Link to PDF.
Looking forward to seeing these released into the wild and generally available.

Are the Hager ones not two modules wide?

I think all the single pole + switched neutral RCBOs are two modules wide, I have been looking at the Hager ones recently (link below).
Technical Properties ADA906U - http://www.hager.co.uk/product-catalogue/energy-distribution/protection-devices/rcbos/rcbo-single-pole-switched-neutral/ada906u/46670.htm

For unknown reasons these are quite scarce and rather expensive - a single pole Hager RCBO has a list price of £88 and a wholesaler price around £20, whereas the SPSN list price is £130 and wholesaler price around £100.

Does anyone else expect SPSN RCBOs to become increasingly in demand? ...as a single pole full RCBO board offers discrimination but at the sacrifice of disconnecting the neutral, unless there's also an upstream timed delayed RCD, but that cancels out the discrimination you've installed the RCBO board for in the first place.

I think all the single pole + switched neutral RCBOs are two modules wide, I have been looking at the Hager ones recently (link below).
Technical Properties ADA906U - http://www.hager.co.uk/product-catalogue/energy-distribution/protection-devices/rcbos/rcbo-single-pole-switched-neutral/ada906u/46670.htm

For unknown reasons these are quite scarce and rather expensive - a single pole Hager RCBO has a list price of £88 and a wholesaler price around £20, whereas the SPSN list price is £130 and wholesaler price around £100.

Does anyone else expect SPSN RCBOs to become increasingly in demand? ...as a single pole full RCBO board offers discrimination but at the sacrifice of disconnecting the neutral, unless there's also an upstream timed delayed RCD, but that cancels out the discrimination you've installed the RCBO board for in the first place.
SBS compact RCBO's are switched neutral, single module and about the £15 mark.

SBS Trade Sales - Products - https://www.sbstradesales.co.uk/products/

We should of been using double pole or switched neutral rcbo's and double pole mcbs if a group of circuits are protected by an rcd from day one imho, not being able to reset an rcd because of a neutral earth fault on one circuit is a royal pain in the neck. And Europe have been using them for years, I thought we were harmonised with them as well. :confused:

Reply to New Wylex “miniature” dp rcbo in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock