Discuss New Year Resolution................ in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You’ve always been very innovative with your advertising Gavin - you may have captured Bath but do you need Bristol as well!
I can see us making an arch with our Megger leads as you drive down Bristol high street!
Perhaps it’s time to pop into B+Q again and get handy with those cards in the lighting boxes!
@Rpa07 Haha got to do whats required, and yes I have just had another load of cards printed, waiting for them to arrive in the next week from China, ordered them on aliexpress as they are half the uk price and better quality. they will be going in the lights, cookers and anything else i can see in the orange shed.
During 2018 I got 26 light jobs from B&Q installing 1 or more lights,
7 cooker/hob installs, also got one job taking power out to a summer house as I was putting my leaflets in the shed when joe public was looking at them. Had another lot of light installs from Homebase, so there is method in my madness! it has brought in around 2.5k in work. mainly from quick little jobs.
I got some signs on order (bit like estate agents - made out of Correx) will be putting them up in strategic places such as entrances to parks, lamp posts, near take aways, dog walking routes and places I am working etc. I recall you doing similar around your way with signs.
I also got a person who puts my leaflets in various magazines for me. thats has proved a very good investment. generates quite a bit of work.

Does B&Q / Homebase pay well for their installation jobs?
Sounds like a good way to get some easy jobs
its not the stores paying or sending work. i am putting the cards or leaflets around the store. not authorised and suppose they could gut funny about it but had no issues yet.
Well it is a case of putting your business card in the side of the lights in their boxes on the shelf, for every say 100 cards i put in the boxes , i get maybe 3 or 4 lights to install. charge them usual prices, minimum of one hour unless it is a quick easy one with just the one cable at the ceiling and all fed back to the switch. from each of these jobs comes the prospect of further work to. so a good idea all around.

its not the stores paying or sending work. i am putting the cards or leaflets around the store. not authorised and suppose they could gut funny about it but had no issues yet.
Well it is a case of putting your business card in the side of the lights in their boxes on the shelf, for every say 100 cards i put in the boxes , i get maybe 3 or 4 lights to install. charge them usual prices, minimum of one hour unless it is a quick easy one with just the one cable at the ceiling and all fed back to the switch. from each of these jobs comes the prospect of further work to. so a good idea all around.

Posts Gavin John Hyde's flyers in phone boxes around Kings Cross, Earls Court and Sussex Gardens for customers looking for an "electrifying time" ;o))))

My new years resolution is the same as last years.

Spend less time working.....

Failed miserably last year and this year so far I have more in my diary than I did last year.

I'm not sure if employing a labourer / mate will mean less work or more work.

@SWD i gather Freddie Mercury, George Micheal and people of an adventurous exhibitionist disposition frequent the heath. That is not the wind making the bushes rustle...Wink wink
I don't want to shock you but both are dead, I did meet George Michael at a do at work years back when I worked in the music industry I also worked with David Bowie on a project, can I work with you for half a day as I have a "gift".

New Year Resolution................ Screenshot 2019-01-03 at 23.40.23 - EletriciansForums.net

I am not going to take any notice of people who tell me I should not smoke.
U gave you a dumb Mate cus it is, give up the weed it's a killer, gave up 13 years ago, apart from erosion I feel great, you don't need it, it's costly and hazardous to the well being.

I vape now instead of smoking.

I feel better for it and wouldn't thank you for a cigarette now.

Each to their own though... the prospect of CPOD, cancer and all the other joys that come with smoking don't appeal to me overly much. :p :p

Reply to New Year Resolution................ in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock