Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Newbie course nvqlvl2 or city and guilds?? in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Magic

Magic New EF Member

Business Name:
    Na
    Hi everyone, I'm looking in to start of domestic electrician course, i have rang up few places including college and came across courses with cuity and guilds and separetly nvq lvl 2 . Wich one is the one to go for? Im in full employement (self employed hgv) and need to be at work to cope with motgage bills etc. Been offered today nvq lvl2 with practical part included on site for 5500£ dont know but looks to me like a rip off... Am i wrong? It will take around 10 mnths to complete. Rang ap other company for full 4 weeks course and it was 2400£ for city and guilds .. Wich one to go for..?whats the difference between them ? Any help would be appriciated.

2. casperLennon

casperLennon Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Raylex electrical
    How are you going to become an electrician when you have a full time job you won’t give up?

3. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Forum Mentor

If you think £2400 for 4 weeks training is better value than £5500 for 10 Months, then maybe a Maths course would be better first??

4. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Forum Mentor

NVQ2?? What can you do with that?

5. FatAlan

FatAlan Trainee Trainee Access

Do a lot more research before parting with any money. There’s a lot of information on this site in previous threads on the subject. Can you get yourself on a 2365 at a local college for a couple of evenings a week? Who’s asking £5.5k?

• Agree Agree x 1