Discuss Newbie from South Africa in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Gawa

Hello everyone.

Just a heads up, English is not my native language. I rely heavily on the the spellchecker to help me correct my words. So some of the words may not have the meaning that I intended.

I am from South Africa, a white male, 44 years old and one of an identical twin (we shared one placenta and that is how you knew when twins are identical or not).

Twins are also an mirror image of each other, meaning that when my brother pick up a pencil and write with his right hand I would pick up the pencil and write with my left hand.
My parents at that time was not aware of this fact so each time I used my left hand/foot I was corrected. As a result my hand writing is like a drunken crab. When in was in my final year of school (grade 12), they literally made me practice my handwriting in recess times for the final exams. As I was told that I would be automatically penalized for not writing clearly.

I met my wife when I was 23 and I am happily married now for 22 years.
My firstborn is a girl and she is now 17. My second (I only have two children) is a boy of 15.
It is strange how fast the wheel of time is turning.
I don`t feel this old but when I sometimes look at my children and how they have grown up I`m struct with the realty. I am also starting to realize that I don`t want to jump of the truck anymore but rather considering climbing off.

Live treated my good. I had a successful secondhand business for about ten years and after that I went into property development. I am registered with the NHBRC. At the moment even in difficult times I`m fortunate to build a new home for my wife as a gift to her for our time together. She was quite surprised when I registered the property in her name only. I finished the brick work and now I`m starting with the steel roof trusses and that is how I found this forum.

A while back I removed my electric cutoff saws start and running capacitors for a different project and now I have no idea how to reconnect them. Using google I stumbled upon a post by "Marvo" where he post a schematic of how to connect a single phase motor with start and run caps.

So thanks Marvo for the time you took to help.

This is basically my story. I can possibly help and give advise on how to pour concrete and laying bricks,plaster and paint but when it comes to electricity I`m sad to say that in most cases I am only looking for a loose wire or a blown fuse...... Fortunately we have Google :D

I did not intend for this to be so long but it was somewhat enjoyable thinking back on my past........

I have proof read this a couple of times and although it make sense to me I hope sincerely that it will make sense to you.

Thank you for reading.

From Gawa "the cloned one".

Hi Gawa and Welcome to the Forum !
Are you in U.K. ?
Either way you are welcome here and folks will try to help with any questions :)

Welkom - waar kom jy vandaan in Suid-Afrika. Ek is van Zimbabwe. ( Welcome - where are you from in South Africa. I am from Zimbabwe.)

Reply to Newbie from South Africa in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock