Discuss newly mcs!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

s18mcn

Hi all ive recently achieved my mcs, ive completed 1 installation and registered it with gem serve and received the certificate. is that all i need to do? im not quite sure of the rest of the process do i need to contact the dno ?

You need to advise the DNO that a G83/1 (presuming it is) installation has been completed by sending them the necessary form (usually available on their website). And the customer needs to contact their electricity supplier to arrange the FiTs contract (application form/details usually on their website).

Hi I am doing a PV G83 course next week, after that I will be looking to do my 1st PV job. Was wondering who you are registered for MCS through. What was the assessment like, any problems with paperwork etc? The whole process looks quite daunting to me. Cheers Tony.

The course is ok it's the paperwork side which can be hard if your not office minded!!!! It's a lot of dotting I and crossing t!!!! I used the easy mcs it's folder is well equipped but isn't perfect I needed to alter a fair bit of info to keep the mcs inspected happy. !!!
Many thanks tedm I've registered the job with I'll log onto the dno and notify them.

u must of had niceic inspector i had !!he dont like easy mcs!!! but i wudnt of done it without them!!! installs the easy part(before the madness) paperwork nite mare if u dont spend time in office!! rec i will be in office over xmas to catch up afte the madness!!

Reply to newly mcs!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net