Discuss NIC Certificate Software Problem - Master Password. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Strima

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just got NIC certification software loaded onto my works laptop. The previous bloke who had this laptop also had the NIC software installed and had set all his own passwords. He has left the company and is uncontactable at the minute, probably on holiday with a lot of other electricians... :lol: This programme belongs to the company but no one knows how it works... :)

I'm trying to set up my signature but I cannot as it is asking for the master password which was set up by the now absent previous user. No one in work seems to know the answer and I'm not going to have time in the next few weeks to get it to the IT department to have the whole lot wiped just to reset the password.

Does anyone know of a workaround so I can at least get some certification done?

Try contacting the NIC as had a similar problem with a Seaward PAT tester which had password which no one knew contacted Seaward and they emailed me a code which allowed you to rest the password.

Something like a backdoor to get into a program when someone has changed the password as in your case and left thecompany.

Cheers mate, that was my next port of call. There's an email winging its way round at the minute as a couple of the lads may still be in touch with him.

It's the master password that's needed to create new signatures. Tried creating a new user etc but it's not working.

Security's great until it goes titsup!!!

Just got NIC certification software loaded onto my works laptop. The previous bloke who had this laptop also had the NIC software installed and had set all his own passwords. He has left the company and is uncontactable at the minute, probably on holiday with a lot of other electricians... :lol: This programme belongs to the company but no one knows how it works... :)

I'm trying to set up my signature but I cannot as it is asking for the master password which was set up by the now absent previous user. No one in work seems to know the answer and I'm not going to have time in the next few weeks to get it to the IT department to have the whole lot wiped just to reset the password.

Does anyone know of a workaround so I can at least get some certification done?

Sorry to ask a totally irrelevant question but why funny he's on holiday aka out of work? Personally think its a sad state of affairs so many electricians being unemployed at present!

Sorry to ask a totally irrelevant question but why funny he's on holiday aka out of work? Personally think its a sad state of affairs so many electricians being unemployed at present!
There's a lot of threads on here that are DIY'ers claiming their spark is on holiday and they need something sorting asap. If I meant out of work I would have said out of work.

Clik Software service support have sorted the problem now, just I forgot to post a response.

Really helpful support team and no doubt I'll be using them again.

Clik Software service support have sorted the problem now, just I forgot to post a response.

Really helpful support team and no doubt I'll be using them again.

Hello!

Glad you got it all sorted! You can ring us anytime for little problems like this and we'll get it sorted out for you.

Have a good week,

April

Reply to NIC Certificate Software Problem - Master Password. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock