Discuss nic inspection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Benjamiin

Hi lads, got nic inspection next month, apart from good workmanship and a bit of brown nosing, has anyone got any tips to impress him? Any minor details that will impress him? Thanks for the input lads Ben

Chocolate hob nobs normally do the trick :)

My boss is nic registered and im the qualified supervisor, its just routine annual inspection but want to impress him not just plod through it

They seem quite interested in reference methods on Certs like lighting circuits that run through lofts, I have heard they sometimes ask if you have a torque screwdriver, make sure all your installs are labelled correctly and paperwork is spot on, otherwise tea and biscuits

They are generally not really interested in being impressed, because that should be the norm!, however if you remember some of the more obscure numbers or formulae to be able to quote this may help. (not too obscure because they will not ask that), but if you know the BS7671 value of max Zs for a 40A breaker it may come in handy, especially if you are doing a shower. I remember one inspector asked for the length of time records of notifiable work should be kept be the electrician and he was surprised that I knew it was three years.

Hi lads, got nic inspection next month, apart from good workmanship and a bit of brown nosing, has anyone got any tips to impress him? Any minor details that will impress him? Thanks for the input lads Ben

Who is doing this inspection "Shania Twain" ? :smiley2:

What would be impressive is to try and fail
I would suggest you would fail to fail,now who was it mentioning Tea and Bisuits

Haha good point trev! Id rather seem one step ahead than one step behind thats all, worth the effort im sure even for Brownie points! Thanks for the advice lads, I cant like your postsbas im on a mobile viewing the forum sorry!

Remember though, you don't have to know all the answers. You just have to know where to find them. Obviously knowing them will help but don't sweat it, you know your way around the regs.

Ye that big brown book ive got should come in handy, if thats wrong ill look at my new red one haha! Cheers trev a point well made, he cant fail me for having to flick through the bgb!

Reply to nic inspection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net