Discuss NIC Or Napit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky83

Hi,

My company is currently registered with Elecsa to cover our Part P work, however we really prefer carrying out commercial work/testing etc

Obviously most company's choose NIC registered contractors to carry out the said works, be it because there insurance requires this or because they feel they have to use NIC contractors.

Whist at our local Elex show i spoke with a man from Napit, he informed me about them now being able to cover all forms of electrical work, basically an Approved Contractor like the NIC do.

This sounds good but would this really get us the work that normally require NIC Approved contractors? Are insurance company's going to recognise Napit Approved Contractors as being just as capable to carry out high quality workmanship as they do with the NIC?

Any thoughts on this would be great,

Regards,

Shawn

The client (quite rightly) can decide who he uses and what trade body they belong too.

The problem is, that decision is often based on ignorance-the client has heard of the NICEIC but not of NAPIT or ELECSA etc.

This will be the case until the other bodies find ways of promoting themselves (other than to electricians) to the level that the NICEIC do.

its a load of Bull TBH!! i just picked up work in a factory doing there maintenance Lights / small power etc and im only elecsa which is neither here or there as its not required . i just have to up my PLI to 5mill and im clear!

but yes a lot of old paperwork and contracts that were written years ago when it was Just the NIC on the block have NIC written in to them as a pre req to avoid rogue tradesmen! obviously the ECA was kicking about but that was a total different kettle of fish aimed at the BIG Super Dooper Contractors to what the NIC was selling back then!

times just have not caught up yet but for commercial work i would say NIC above every one purely because its a known brand and quite frankly Elecsa and Napit may be winning the war at gaining New faces from the NIC in Part P Domestic land the NIC still holds the Key to the Commercial Door along with the ECA if your big enough to join.

the NIC still holds the Key to the Commercial Door along with the ECA if your big enough to join.

That is exactly what i was expecting to hear, i know the other companies are trying to push forward and get recognised by the everyday joe but untill this actually happens it looks like the NIC have it all rapped up!

Might have to give Mr NIC a call!

Reply to NIC Or Napit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net