• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Nice gift from a customer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

a model 40 if i am not mistaken, circa 1950's or early 60's. if i remember correctly, this model had a fairly low input impedance and is great for eliminating induced or ghost voltages. check the battery compartment for corrosion and fit new batteries.

I got one of these of ebay .... if anyone could help with which batteries and leads fit that would be great. Any ideas Tel ?

I got one of these of ebay .... if anyone could help with which batteries and leads fit that would be great. Any ideas Tel ?
which model? some has a 15V battery (BLR121) and a 1.5V D cell. some used a 4.5V cycle lamp battery instead of the 15V.

here's a link to the 15V, usually rebuilt with button cells.

AVO 8 METER MULTIMETER 15v BATTERY BLR 121 AVOMETER | eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVO-8-METER-MULTIMETER-15v-BATTERY-BLR-121-AVOMETER-/272533657404?hash=item3f7445973c:m:mKzmW5neZNKARmiT3rVm50A

ande here's the 4.5V:

1 x MN1203 DURACELL 4.5V Battery Industrial 3LR12 1289 LANTERN - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-MN1203-DURACELL-4-5V-Battery-Industrial-3LR12-1289-LANTERN-/291635891666?hash=item43e6da8dd2:g:L8YAAOSwcOFWaXgz

with the 4.5V, you bend the strips to fit.

movement needs zeroing. :). post a pic of the battery compartment.

A lovely piece of working history,battery compartment corrosion,being the end of many.

Nowt like an actual needle,to tell you the score...it was good enough for "opportunity knocks" and a Viva HA :)

From the link above I found the manual which states 2x4.5v batteries, possibly the type you linked to ?
think you're right there. 2 4.5V side by side.with the 1.5V being a D cell.

Reply to Nice gift from a customer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back