Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss niceic and 16th in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

Just about decided to join niceic DI so I can start doing more domestic while my commercial and industrial side is a little slow. I am time served, C&G level 3 and 2391 however not yet done 17th edition, still on 16th (although my 2391 was sat under 17th) is this something niceic would accept? Only looking at a bit of a wait to get onto a 17th course and as from Jan they stopped the 1 day update course.

Thanks in advance guys

2. spinlondon

spinlondon Trusted Advisor

I don't know about the NICEIC, but NAPIT will allow you up to a year to obtain the 17th.
    Try Emailing the NICEIC, that's what I did with NAPIT.

3. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

Emailed them yesterday and got the "we are experiencing heavy demand so may take a few days to get back to you, so was just wondering what others have found. I am torn between NAPIT and NICEIC at the moment. Thanks.

4. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    what about elecsa?

5. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

I considered NAPIT full scope due to them being quite cheap to incorporate EICRs into the scheme, However i get asked a lot if i am NICEIC so it was for that reason they were my first choice, just for the well known name amongst domestic customers. I have heard good things about elecsa tho. How are they priced to include EICRs? As it stands so long as 17th is something i can do within the year i think i will go with NICEIC and just do my EICRs outside of the scheme. NICs charges to include EICRs is just way to much IMO.