Discuss niceic assesment passed! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonahlovetts

just passed my niceic assesment to be a QS for my company-we mainly do commercial works.
those of you who may have any questions about whats involved pls feel free to ask -
it wasnt half as bad as i thought it would be.

mate im stressin about the assesment... partly due to the fact that im not really sure on how much i should know.
Plus im finding it hard to find the 2 jobs that they require partly due to the clients i come in contact with. I find it hard to juggle with keeping the customer happy and being able to find the time to get them out. Most of my clients want everything done asap.

After i have completed a job can i get Niceic to come out a month later or something? would u know?

Ive completed my level 2 & 3, 2330 (with good grades)
-17th
-done the part p
and have completed the pat testing course..

regards,
nick..

ps congrats on passing btw.. good on you

Any job that you do needs notification to be done within 30 days of completion. So if you complete the job you've got 30 days to get the NICEIC to do the assessment and pass and then do the notification.

So I would suggest get your Assessment date and do the 2 jobs a week or so before that.

thanks-
worry is a good thing as it will keep you motivated !
my advice is that you obviously must know how to test and what your readings mean.
basic stuff that should be in your head anyway- brian scaddan has a very good book about 17th edition testing this helped me a lot to refresh my mind- basic figures and calculations on the testing side zs=ze+r1=r2 etc - what is r1,r2 - bonding, where is zone 0, zone 1 in bathroom - rule of thumb x0.8 on tabulated zs values etc- you just need to be competent at testing- you need the green regs and up to date books.
you also need to show your tester reads correct - i have a transmille 2080 calibration checker and a proving unit so he liked this,
so read up on your guidance notes 3, on site guide and know where to find stuff you might need in them.
the most important thing is lots of coffee and nice posh big cookies lol.
niceic are not monsters and try to trip you up, they just want to know that you are competent- as for checking works you have done- if you have problems with this then talk to him - not everything is set in stone- and i am sure they will try and find the best way to accomodate you- remember they want your custom and to get their numbers up- you will be fine :)

Reply to niceic assesment passed! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net