Discuss NICEIC bogus contractor...why bother ! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

moulesnfrites

Hi , We recently reported an electrician trading as **** Electrical in the Poole area to the NICEIC for misrepresentation..... ie claiming he is a member when he is not.
We have sent photos of his van to the NICEIC ( customer services - Ms Sam Cook ) and copies of his business cards and letterheads going back over two years. He obviously has never notified any Part P projects either. We have a list of over forty projects.
Poole Council building control are not interested basically their policing of Part P is more financial than public safety orientated .
The NICEIC have written to us saying that they are not passing this case onto trading standards despite the evidence.

The little scroat has also been boasting in the local wholesalers that the NICEIC want to sign him UP !! (unlikely due to standard of work - but who knows)

As a result of real NICEIC members feeling that the quality of membership is being constantly eroded a petition is being passed around the Bournemouth area trying to get someone to do the right thing and prosecute the fraudulent trader. Obviously we would all be better off by thousands every year if we just stuck some stickers on our van but we don`t but we do expect our membership costs to protect us from rogues.

If you want to support our action please email customer services at the NICEIC with your enrollement number stating you want proper action taken against people like this.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
They will take action but they need to collect evidence for a prosecution if you get electrician magazine and look back a couple of months a spark in LLanysul (next door to me) was done for just that and it cost him over £3000.

Chris

Reminds me of when I had my first NICEIC assesment, I was subbing to an NIC company and bought an old van off them. I'd removed MOST of their signwriting except one small one on a back door but left the NIC stickers as they're not easy to remove!
First words out of his mouth were "is that your van"
Next were along the lines of it's illegal to have those stickers on I could have you nicked you're not NIC yet. I showed him the remaining sign writing on the back, told him I still do subby work for him and shut him the f... up! lol lol Actually I think he then said "hallo I'm ***** ****** from the NICEIC" lol

However, yes, I'll be emailing them, it costs me a bloody fortune to be registered, I have to jump through hoops for my inspector every year and people taking the chronic p*** like that need sorting out. I'm still going into houses with bodges from 1 or 2 years ago done by "old Bill down the pub for cash". :mad:

A big thank you to all those who contacted the NICEIC.

Would you now please stop contacting them as they have got the message and are apparently running short of printer ink !

Within two days of a petition being started a Mr Alan Wells (big cheese NICEIC) has contacted us (early afternoon today ) to confirm that a court order will be sought against **** Electrical later TODAY.

He also stated **** Electrical /***** ******* will not be considered for any form of NIC membership.

He assured us that this action would have been taken anyway as the NICEIC take misrepresentation - membership fraud very seriously.

Will let you know what happens .
Thanks again Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
should of happened automatic not as a result of lots of people shouting to get a result.
absolute joke.:mad:
saying that i remember dodgy traders on the telly doin a program on plumbers who pinch other people's corgi numbers and trade under em.
caught red handed on telly doin gas work but was all a big joke ,no mention of anyone being done for it.
sent out a great message to the cowboys.:rolleyes:
elfyn

NICEIC , Mr Alan Wells , promised that this rogue would be taken through the courts and punished but has now written saying trading standards in Poole are not proceeding as the Blue cowboy took his signs down and promised not to do it again.

Hollow threats .... Mr Wells which has so far resulted in two of your members threatening to defect with more to follow.

Should you now write to Professional Electrician and Installer magazine asking them to see if the NICEIC can justify their attitude to genuine members.

Chris

Dont mention the cowboy when you write just you have personal knowledge of the situation that way you wont get sued for anything that might be incorrect and those that need it will get a very big dose of humble pie as most if not all of their membership will be reading your account.

Chris

why bother going out your way???

why not withdraw your membership if your local bc dont give an iota???

its a joke these schemes as there are plenty of competent people who are time served with there current regs & 2391 who dont need to pay nic to asses them & take there money of them in order to trade, its a joke.

Reply to NICEIC bogus contractor...why bother ! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net