Discuss NICEIC certs filling & help generally needed ! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone with them who can help with what is easiest way to use the online certs / notification system ! I'm used to iCertifi and it seems a mile easier and better ! ?
Thanks in advance.

The general filling of the boxes is fairly straight forward but the time consuming part is filling in the consumer unit readings.I mainly do domestic and fit a lot of 10 way dual RCD/MCB boards.So i create a ten way dual rcd board on the online chart and fill in all the boxes that have values that never change eg frequency(50hz),type of cables,etc and then i save it as a template by right clicking on the distribution board at the top.By doing this once,then the next time you have a ten way board,you can just load up the template and half of the values have already been filled in,saving valuable time.Also make use of the help section to the right of the forms.Most of the general boxes offer up a typical value that should be going in the box so that's quite helpful as well.

Thanks mate, I'll try get into it again tonight and find out how it all works, I almost solely use full 10/12/14 way full rcbo boards so I'll set them up as you say. Other thing was I thought you just pay for the building control notice ? As I tried to look at 3-4 different certs like minor works and DEIC & I have suddenly incurred a balance of £7.50 ? I thought the certs were free but with the logo on them ? Didn't think you'd be charged a good dollop to join then more in top for the certs ?

Reply to NICEIC certs filling & help generally needed ! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net