Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss NICEIC.... change of trading title in the Business Related area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. sythai

sythai Electrician's Arms

Just want to see if anyone else has changed from a sole trader to ltd whilst with the niceic.

Sure they said it was £60 when I phoned up.

But reading through this it states '...change of trading title (not involving change of ownership)'

Would that mean my ownership has now changed as there are now 2 directors as opposed to just me before :confused: if so wonder how much more will want to scam off me :furious3:

Sorry if this sounds a bit thick it's just a little confusing and been one of those weeks :rolleyes4:

Cheers & have a good weekend,

Sy

2. Ponty Massive

Ponty Massive Guest

I have recently changed from sole trader to Ltd but havent bothered to tell them. May tell them when I come to renew.

(Not NIC by the way)

3. sythai

Did cross my mind, but renewed only a couple of months ago, so a long wait till next time round thats all

4. Ponty Massive

Ponty Massive Guest

I wouldn't bother, whats the worst that could happen?

They get enough money from us. I'll ask if they will charge me at the next renewal, If they say yes, again I will not be telling them!

5. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Surely a change from sole trader to ltd is between you and HMRC and nothing to do with the scam clubs??

6. sythai

But my company name now has ltd on the end of it..... so was thinking along the lines 'change of trading title' ?

Thought I would have to now put XXXXX Electrical ltd on my certs ?

Will have a chat with my niceic assessor on Monday, got my yearly review - he's a nice reasonable chap and will give me an honest answer unlike when you phone up... they're after every last penny

7. Welchyboy

Welchyboy Guest

I wouldn't even mention it to be honest, save yourself the cash

• Like Like x 2
  8. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

So they want £60.00 to make a very small change on their database and maybe send you a letter - daylight robbery IMHO