Discuss NICEIC DI Assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

rapier

Afternoon guys,
I thought id come on here and see if you have any more information what will be needed from me in my first assesment, iv read all the leaflets they send out, but just thought id ask as many of you as you have been having assesment for years and those who have recentley just joined.

Afternoon guys,
I thought id come on here and see if you have any more information what will be needed from me in my first assesment, iv read all the leaflets they send out, but just thought id ask as many of you as you have been having assesment for years and those who have recentley just joined.

What quals have you got?

You will need to show the examiner two installations one being a "Major" (Consumer unit change, rewire etc..) and one "minor" such as a socket spur.

have all your documents, liabilty insurance (up to 2 mill) health and safety policy, accident book and complaints policy (all of the docs can be downloaded for free online)

Your tools, such as a multifunction tester in callibration, fibreglass ladders VDE tools, GS38 voltage testers etc...

All books like onsite guide, GN3, regs book (BRB) copy of part p building regs (again can be downloaded for free search google)

Test certificates that you have completed - be prepared to explain findings.

You will be asked questions on testing and parts of the regs, be sure you know where to find the answers in the book if you dont know for sure.

make sure your work is top notch and you are really proud of it, show them that you will reflect their company in a positive light.

tea and biscuits...

dont worry too much about it they need you to pass becuase they want your money their parasites that make money of hard working electricians year in year out

cheers for the quick replies yeah have all the things you have mentioned timo apart from h & s policy can anyone help me out? Do they ask for GN3 ? i have one that was published when the 16th edition was around. With my BRB and on site guide i have put tabs on the major things i think we use day in day out with like testing, values of zs, safe zones, heights of outlets and how to work out where to drill beams and size of holes.

you wont need your gn3... If the assessor asks you something and your unsure they will ask you to look it up in onsite guide

example rcd tripping times, acceptable ze values.

all you need is the stuff mentioned on your check list

good luck.

How much is the full total of joining the NICEIC inc VAT etc. Napit wnat £575 this year to register...Who is cheaper?

The membership renewal fee is £360,
I take it the initial application fee of £216 is added to that ?
£600 ish pounds for a new member + all the other add ons :eek:
It seems you have to be rich enough to not need to work,in order to afford these fees that permit you to work :rolleyes:

If thats how its totalled, all the schemes must be doing the same and charging likewise

Its a good money earner for all of them schemes, for us to actually pay to do the job we were trained for

Anyone else know of what questions the niceic chap will ask? From previous experiences?

Reply to NICEIC DI Assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock