Discuss NIceic domestic installer in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ring them to ask. No idea if their entry requirements have tightened up lately, but you used to be able to get in with a tufty club badge and some kellogs box tops.

If you are only just studying for your level 2 are you sure you are ready for life as a self employed sole trader ? Experience counts for everything.

Ring them to ask. No idea if their entry requirements have tightened up lately, but you used to be able to get in with a tufty club badge and some kellogs box tops.

If you are only just studying for your level 2 are you sure you are ready for life as a self employed sole trader ? Experience counts for everything.

Also need a Blue Peter badge with proper and provable provenance Andy! :p

to join the NICEIC DI you need 17th soon to be 18th, a testing qualifcation of some sort, and then pass there multi choice exam on you computer at home with your books next to you - its in lieu of the level 3 course, buy a few books, a multi tester and some insurance then show a piece of work you done and you are in... subject to the cheque not bouncing.
in real terms you need experience, any muppet can join one of these schemes but you need to know what you are doing in order to not just be safe but not endanger the public when working. given the number of people working in the domestic sector it really is getting cut throat and when I was up in London recently visiting another electrician i know I was amazed by the number of people competing for work housebashing up there. experience will help you provide more than the basic service and time gives you the opportunity to learn additional skills and go on other free manufacturer courses.

Agree with massive 1 on this just starting out on level 2 is not sufficient knowledge to think of starting out on peoples homes, Gain experience and not from wiring up an electrical circuit on a board in the college workshop. Get yourself experience from working alongside a qualified electrician who can teach you what you need to learn. Testing and inspection will be a requirement and a major factor in going it alone.

It’s worrying how little competence people need to go out and earn a living as a plastic electrician.

There are also people who are over qualified who have years working in the electrical industry who join these schemes too.

Seem these days unless you're slugging it 9-5 on a commercial job you are not an electrician.

But fully understand those who have little experience can join these schemes and be classed as competent as John Smith who is time served and been in the trade 25 years

Hi guys

I'm about to start a C&G 2365 Lv 2 in September this year. What qualifications would I need to register as an NICEIC domestic installer?

Also can I get work as an electricians mate while I study for the 2365 Lv 2?
The EAL have been back handing the niceic. Maybe change courses. It'd be a lot easier. EAL all multiple choice.

Hi guys

I'm about to start a C&G 2365 Lv 2 in September this year. What qualifications would I need to register as an NICEIC domestic installer?

Also can I get work as an electricians mate while I study for the 2365 Lv 2?

The wages are directly proportional to the barriers : the more time, quals, skills, experience and knowledge the more wong you'll get, Be patient. If there was no barriers to entry the, the wage would be the average revenue curve of all unskilled, inpatient wanabees entrants and there'd be a lot more grenfells. A right mess.

Guys thanks alot. I have done installation work in the past. My dad who wasn't actually qualified as a sparky but knew all the ins and outs of the trade, helped me alot. He taught me most things within a domestic environment.
Unfortunately he passed away in 2013 and I was left with no one to help me out.

But it was always his wish that I go to college and get the qualifcations.

Guys thanks alot. I have done installation work in the past. My dad who wasn't actually qualified as a sparky but knew all the ins and outs of the trade, helped me alot. He taught me most things within a domestic environment.
Unfortunately he passed away in 2013 and I was left with no one to help me out.

But it was always his wish that I go to college and get the qualifcations.
then you should finish level 2, go on to level 3, then nvq3 and am2. with practical experience along the way, you'll then become an electrician. if that's going to take you too long, you could be a plumber instead. sh!t flows downhill, end of lessons. :D:D:D.

I hope you all realise here just how damn hard it is for me to not trash this thread, in fact I feel reborn lol, I am just in shock but am at the same time delighted by my reaction pmsl, I cannot say anything else but good luck to the OP ;)

Reply to NIceic domestic installer in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net