Discuss Niceic notification in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Frosty69

Hi people,

When notifying work on the niceic website I pay £1.50 to notify it then £1.50 for a guarantee. My question is can you get rid of the guarantee payment and how? Im doing a lot of single circuits for a new contract so although it doesn't seem a lot it will quickly add up over time.

Thanks

£1.50 for a guarantee on your work (I know its limited somewhat) I think it would be difficult to get a guarantee for that money elsewhere ,I'm also Niceic and to be honest I think its worth it for your own peace of mind,but appreciate what you're saying cost wise but I think if you said to the customer its an extra £1.50 for the guarantee they'd want it .
Also I don't think the Nic will offer you an option without, as its one of the main points about using an accredited installer and I think its the same with the other schemes.

thanks for the info but from what I can see on their website is that the guarantee is aimed at the domestic sector? the installs will be on industrial and commercial sites. I will have a proper look when i get home later

thanks for the info but from what I can see on their website is that the guarantee is aimed at the domestic sector? the installs will be on industrial and commercial sites. I will have a proper look when i get home later
No need to notify then..

Thanks ipf i never knew you did not have to notify industrial works, my niceic assessor has never said anything about the industrial works i have notified. I usually just tick non dwelling?

If he knew you'd been notifying, I think he should have explained. At least you wont have to pay from now on. Good luck, should save a bit of outlay.

I have often wondered myself what non-dwelling on the ntification site would be classified as, garage maybe?

End up sleeping in mine too often.lol. Good point though. I would have thought everything to do with (or fed from) a house would be classed as 'domestic'. Never really thought about it. How can a non dwelling be domestic ? Anybody ?
Greenhouse, outside pool, fish pond ?

notification is only for part p ,commercial and industrial we dont bother as never been told to have to notify them works. i agree though the insurance backed warranty is a rip off even though its £1.50p x that by the amount of people on nic books it becomes extra income what a scam

couple of years back i had a bad year i had a company go under on me owing alot of dosh i didnt notify about 15 jobs and my assessor said you will have to notify and pay a fine per job notified. i said mate tel you what take your enrolment and shove it,(no need to be like that he says)
i replied ive lost alot of dosh this year and you want to add to my pain!! he made a note and i havnt had anyone pursue it.

Reply to Niceic notification in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net