Discuss NICEIC ? or another body in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyman65

I am contemplating joining a scheme but unsure what way to go our work is a mix of commercial and domestic and whilst I was the qs for NIC on last company I worked now I am on my own not sure which would be best

Cheers

this has been done so many times in here...
i would say elecsa are the least odius of the 3..(or is it 4 now?)..
at least with these you can notify the assessment job after the assessment....saving you ££££ to that other set of sneaks....the LABC

I know there's a lotta downers on the niccys on this forum site but it is the generally most known body by homeowners and architects alike who specify niceic registered electrician, when infact they mean qualified, competent or part p compliant, but once their computer generated crap gets printed automatically on the spec sheet, there you have it specification made, don't potentially lose out on work because of others ignorance of our industry

I know there's a lotta downers on the niccys on this forum site but it is the generally most known body by homeowners and architects alike who specify niceic registered electrician, when infact they mean qualified, competent or part p compliant, but once their computer generated crap gets printed automatically on the spec sheet, there you have it specification made, don't potentially lose out on work because of others ignorance of our industry
i should hope not....sinse when has part P had owt to do with being qualified?
part P is not a qualification

no need for the scheme for your commercial work, no part peee there. all schemes provide the same, looks like stroma is cheapest at the moment.

Glen, You know where I'm coming from though, people just ask "are you registered with the nic", I know guys round here that changed from elecsa to nic cos a few architects didn't know much about them

Glen, You know where I'm coming from though, people just ask "are you registered with the nic", I know guys round here that changed from elecsa to nic cos a few architects didn't know much about them
well its just that we had a similar thread in here the other day...the guy was saying as far as the NIC was concerned the assessment work had to have been notified beforehand with LABC....so thats a load more ££££ on top....

Depends on your LABC, I think I mentioned on that thread that our building control with proof of qualifications you can submit green certs on a job already given an approval number for a set period of time to allow new business start up

well that makes my first day back at work in the morning dull then....
full test on a community centre in Leeds....and all the birds in there are fat n wobbly like bags of water....
I don't know what i've got, i took a phone call last week about her living room light, hallway light and outside light have stopped working, i suspect captain diy has been on the case again! She had a lovely voice so i'll put a face with it tomorrow, hope its a nice one! Makes the job so much better, nice face, nice house generally:)

Depends on your LABC, I think I mentioned on that thread that our building control with proof of qualifications you can submit green certs on a job already given an approval number for a set period of time to allow new business start up

chopper76

I do know what you are saying, but don't you see it is just giving in to the machine that is wrong!

You're ingrained with NICEIC, you've even mentioned "green sheets" - what are they (I know what they are!) - mine are all black and white and have been for years. Whichever scheme I've been with.

Don't be fooled into tipping your cap to a middleman :41:

I don't know what i've got, i took a phone call last week about her living room light, hallway light and outside light have stopped working, i suspect captain diy has been on the case again! She had a lovely voice so i'll put a face with it tomorrow, hope its a nice one! Makes the job so much better, nice face, nice house generally:)
you need to watch that `putting faces to voices` thing monkey....
there was this one time where this lass rang up...and her voice was all rough n gravelly...when we went round...she looked all rough n gravelly n all...
sometimes when you put 2&2 together....you get 4..

you need to watch that `putting faces to voices` thing monkey....
there was this one time where this lass rang up...and her voice was all rough n gravelly...when we went round...she looked all rough n gravelly n all...
sometimes when you put 2&2 together....you get 4..

Well I once spoke to a lass on the phone and she sounded well educated and very well-cultured so we arrange to meet and I met ............... Tidyboiler :wub: with her Transit pick-up loaded with scrap and nicked cable & lead.

Reply to NICEIC ? or another body in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net