Discuss niceic or part p? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hodaire

if i join the nic does it allow me to sign off work in domestic properties or do i need to join a part p scheme as well.

can anyone give me a rough idea how much nic or part p costs to join and how much to stay in per year

You can join one of a number of organisations, which will allow you to self certify.

NICIEC are the industry leader and are well known by those who specify.
There are also others - NAPIT, Elecsa, BSI, BRE. There could be more.

Some inspections are more rigorous than others. Hope this helps

so full membership of the nic will allow me to self certify domestic work?

whats the price difference from nic full membership and just registering for part p?

still not sure of the answer

does full membership of the nic allow me to sign off domestic jobs or would i need to sign up to part p as well

No, membership will allow you to sign off work in domestic installation. Good luck. I'm not in a position to do this yet as I'm employed, however, the plan will be to get registered with one of the trade bodies as soon as I can.

once again there is no part p.
registering full scope with nic as a domestic installer is ÂŁ425 (inc vat) per year and that will allow you to carry out all domestic works as long as you are competent and can pass their assessment :rolleyes:

i was looking at registering for nic domestic installer (or whatever you want to call it) was also thinking if its not much more to go for full nic membership (most of our work is commercial) but not sure if this will cover us for the domestic work or not.

also wanted a rough idea on the price difference

looked through it all and not sure thats why i posted here, was just hoping for a simple yes or no to my question, don't think its going to happen though
seems pretty concise to me
  • go approved contractor if you ONLY carry out commercial and industrial work
  • go domestic installer if you ONLY do domestic work under part p
  • go approved contractor and domestic installer if you do all of the above
not sure if thats answered your question as it seems to have changed from op :confused:

seems pretty concise to me
  • go approved contractor if you ONLY carry out commercial and industrial work
  • go domestic installer if you ONLY do domestic work under part p
  • go approved contractor and domestic installer if you do all of the above
not sure if thats answered your question as it seems to have changed from op :confused:

the op hasn't changed, just trying to explain why i'm asking the question, looking at this reply then if i go AC it doesn't cover me to sign off domestic work which is what i need, just asked the same question on another forum and told if i go AC then i can sign off domestic work.

sort of sorry i asked now

the op hasn't changed, just trying to explain why i'm asking the question, looking at this reply then if i go AC it doesn't cover me to sign off domestic work which is what i need, just asked the same question on another forum and told if i go AC then i can sign off domestic work.

sort of sorry i asked now
best speak to nic for confirmation.
the way i understand it ac cant sign of dis.
please post your findings so i know if i am wrong :eek:

Reply to niceic or part p? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net