Discuss NICEIC Part P Survey in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They need to give whatever body is going to police it some teeth! It's still left to LABC to do policing/enforcing and it's still by default the home owner that gets it! With LABC overburdened they just don't have the resource. All the time no one's arse gets bitten shoddy, unregulated practices will contine IMHO.

Still lets hope some good comes of it, it may be a start.

i got one from Elecsa by email. I duly completed and submitted it. It may get ignored, but its no good whinging later if we don't fill it in. So we must all do our bit.

Cheers............Howard

This bit was interesting to me.

• 73% want schemes to jointly fund consumer publicity

As far as i can see it's predominantly the NIC who are in the public eye trying to get the Part P message across. Wander if this become mandatory whether or not the other scheme providers will have to up their annual fees.

Personally i think the only thing that'll make Part P work effectively and get rid of as many of the cowboys as possible is if the electrical industry goes the same way that the gas industry has. Everyone knows they shouldn't do their own gas work due to having to be Gas Safe registered so why can't the same happen for us. Only problem i see is that one governing body will have to be created so one company will have to have the monopoly. Can't imagine this will go down well with plenty of contractors as they would have to change provider at their cost no doubt.

Reply to NICEIC Part P Survey in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Is STROMA now owned by Certsure along with NAPIT, NICEIC and ELECSA? Edit: NAPIT took over Stroma. Certsure operate NICEIC, ELECSA and NICEIC...
Replies
Views
In addition to the 4 main, well known competent persons schemes (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT and STROMA), there is apparently another, lesser known...
Replies
Views
The benefits of using an OFTEC registered 'competent person' One way to avoid these problems is to have your heating equipment installed by an...
Replies
Views
M
NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC Assesment expectations
Hi All, Firstly I am new to this forum and apologies if I am posting in the wrong area. I have recently attended the Part-P domestic installers...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Bit of background before I jump into the query to try I'm a qualified electrician by trade, completed my apprenticeship with a large...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock