Discuss Niceic test in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lee76

Hi all, just joined this great forum

im looking to start an electrical (domestic only ) conpany
with my partner.

I have 22 year experience as an electrician in a steel works
but have bsc electrial &electronic engineering
and my 17th edition. I have the ability to
wire houses to the regs.

My my partner has his inspection and testing
and 17th edition

To sign off our own rewires I'm guessing we will need to join the niceic or electsa
Or others.

We we need to show the inspection officer some of our work, minor and major

could we rewire an old house ( not new build )
get the inspector out to see it all ?
So all the minor and major work all in one ?

would I need to inform the council before starting rewire?
even though it's an old house and the owner isn't planning on informing
council of a rewire ?

can I then use this as our test , hopefully be ticked off by niceic
and give the owner a test certificate ?

Cheers all in advance ?

You need to contact the schemes to understand their requirements AND familiarise yourselves with the requirements of Part P applicable to Wales....

Im in the same boat, i want to start on my own but dont understand how to go about it. If i wanted to join NICEIC i havent done of my own work so how can i be assessed. I have my C+G 2391 C+G part 2 ,17th edition and nvq3 but no part P would i have to go on this course.

Im in the same boat, i want to start on my own but dont understand how to go about it. If i wanted to join NICEIC i havent done of my own work so how can i be assessed. I have my C+G 2391 C+G part 2 ,17th edition and nvq3 but no part P would i have to go on this course.

Why do you need this?

Ring the NICEIC and talk to them....

you should be able to do the job, book the assessment, pay the ransom, then notify through your chosen scam.

I thought that is where you were going. Just did not want to put myself out there and look like a plum. Haha.

They could have a slow start I suppose.

Oops, I stand corrected, not sure 2015/16 has been announced yet...

I don't think so either, but makes no difference in this case as you said, 2 electricians will be turning over more than 80 odd grand.
They could stay as sole traders and just share the work, messy though.

Part P is a building regs document,not a course/qualification. You can read the document online.

im looking to start an electrical (domestic only ) conpany
with my partner.
Being vat registered in the domestic market.
You'll be 20% more expensive than potential competitors.
I'd try to avoid being an unpaid tax collector as long as you can. :)
That's just my opinion, not saying it's right for everyone. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
VAT threshold is £79K based on turnover - for ANY 12 months HMRC choose.

If 2 people don't create £79K in 1 year they need to go shelf stacking in Tesco's.

How much would you say is a typical amount to earn for a one man band like me? I say, so long as I bring home enough to pay the bills and a bit more I'm happy.

How much would you say is a typical amount to earn for a one man band like me? I say, so long as I bring home enough to pay the bills and a bit more I'm happy.

VAT registration is not based on earnings, it based on turn over, so the sum total of your invoices to customers......

If you are SE and do lots of high value "installs" you could easily smash through the £81K threshold - and remember HMRC can apply ANY 12 month period that suits them - not you!

On the other hand if you do a lot of labour-only work then you can have a relatively low turnover.

If your just doing domestic forget about the NIC go with Stroma they are much cheaper and they all provide the same thing. ALL domestic customers havnt got a clue what the scams are so having an NIC sticker on your van means nothing.

Reply to Niceic test in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock