Discuss niceic in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Crikey, there's no difference now then./ This now cheapens AC status because all the DIs will now upgrade as soon as possible.
Can the last one out please shut the door and turn the lights off.

How many jobs do you have to show them now on the new discounted rate ? I believe it used to be 5 jobs and was a full day affair every year.
Has this dropped now as well as the price ?

Application Fee for each address requiring assessment
(ie. head office and each contracting branch) £ 538

2. Fee for each additional half day assessment relating to an application 348

thats the catch mate

2 sites more than 1g

It means nothing anyway. A local firm with niceic ( The home of contractural excellence ) plastered all over the van did some work on a friend of mines flat. 2 weeks later the guy decides he wants to sell the flat and gets matey back to do an eicr. When he reads the report the bloke has coded his own work. How excellent is that?

It means nothing anyway. A local firm with niceic ( The home of contractural excellence ) plastered all over the van did some work on a friend of mines flat. 2 weeks later the guy decides he wants to sell the flat and gets matey back to do an eicr. When he reads the report the bloke has coded his own work. How excellent is that?

If this is true then this information along with copies of all paperwork need to go the the NICEIC in a formal complaint. If the action taken as a result of this complaint is not satisfactory then it needs to go to trading standards.

Taking the less than bothered schemes to task is the only way to improve standards in our ever diluted industry.

If this is true then this information along with copies of all paperwork need to go the the NICEIC in a formal complaint. If the action taken as a result of this complaint is not satisfactory then it needs to go to trading standards.

Taking the less than bothered schemes to task is the only way to improve standards in our ever diluted industry.

It is true. I called IET and NICEIC and discussed this with them to find out what they thought of the situation. I told them who I was but didn't identify the firm involved. Both said it was a case of double standards and niceic wanted to know the firm involved but as my mate is selling up he doesn't want any hassle.

Please persuade him that the hassle is worthwhile. Dropping standards should not be allowed to be swept under the carpet by the supposed upholders of these standards.

Please persuade him that the hassle is worthwhile. Dropping standards should not be allowed to be swept under the carpet by the supposed upholders of these standards.

I agree with everything you've said and I've told him the same but he doesn't want the bother.
It frustrates me to see things like this happen but as I was told " Thank you for finding out for me but it's up to me if I want to complain"

It is true. I called IET and NICEIC and discussed this with them to find out what they thought of the situation. I told them who I was but didn't identify the firm involved. Both said it was a case of double standards and niceic wanted to know the firm involved but as my mate is selling up he doesn't want any hassle.

Frankly i'm surprised that the IET would have wanted to even know about the situation, let alone make a comment on it. One things for sure, you'll get nothing in writing from them. As for NICEIC, it wouldn't have mattered a jot if you had named the contractor, nothing constructive would have come out of it for either party...

It's £480, well that's what I paid, show them 5 jobs, he gets there at half 8 and clears off at half 4.

Something isn't adding up here.... If the NICEIC assessors complete 2 DI assessments a day, each at a cost of approx what you are stating for a full day, then someones getting royally ripped off!! How can a profit orientated company offer an AC assessment service that takes twice as long, at the same price as a half day DI assessment?? Just doesn't make any sense to me....

Something isn't adding up here.... If the NICEIC assessors complete 2 DI assessments a day, each at a cost of approx what you are stating for a full day, then someones getting royally ripped off!! How can a profit orientated company offer an AC assessment service that takes twice as long, at the same price as a half day DI assessment?? Just doesn't make any sense to me....

Careful now Eng, slander!!! :)
Saw a thread earlier, NICEIC have rewritten the Inspection certificates.
Who are we to question these people?

The mind boggles...hahahaha

Can't get done for slander if your telling the truth, then again i can't see what i've written in the post quoted, that can be taken as being slanderous??

Reply to niceic in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net