Discuss NICEIConline certification in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Buzz Bar

Hello all.

Having now tried out the new niceic online certification over the past two weeks, I feel as though we are being used as ginnipigs to trial the system as there seems to be a lot of glitches that we are coming across that the helpline don't have answers for. We have spent a rediculous amount of time trying to complete, mainly the EICRs and have come to the conclusion that the programming is not ready to be live, producing reports and certificates worthy enough to give to our customers/clients. Trying to navigate between the draft PDF and the online form to correct ommisions and mistakes is very time consuming and frustrating. I think it is a great idea but as yet not an effective or efficient way to create reports. Is anyone else having similar issues?

I've found it quite good...

Although I can see where improvements can be made...

Its centered around domestic installations for a start...gives you warnings when you input data outside of a domestic scope for example primary overcurrent protective device or bonding/main earthing sizes...

Hello all.

Having now tried out the new niceic online certification over the past two weeks, I feel as though we are being used as ginnipigs to trial the system as there seems to be a lot of glitches that we are coming across that the helpline don't have answers for. We have spent a rediculous amount of time trying to complete, mainly the EICRs and have come to the conclusion that the programming is not ready to be live, producing reports and certificates worthy enough to give to our customers/clients. Trying to navigate between the draft PDF and the online form to correct ommisions and mistakes is very time consuming and frustrating. I think it is a great idea but as yet not an effective or efficient way to create reports. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Welcome to the Beta test programme!
Yes, we're the beta testers but that's nothing new. Microsoft have used this model for all its software.
Having said that, I quite like the new online certification and its support staff are very helpful too.
Beware of certain items that you forget to enter data. This system doesn't pick up all the entries and report them to you before allowing you to complete the form.
I proof read the document prior to completion.

Hello driverman.

We have been using a windows based laptop (not touchscreen) on site and a PC in the office to create the reports. Previous to trying this niceic online reporting, we have been using Amtech Fast Test which is very comprehensive and good, once you get the hang of it. The good thing about the Amtech software is that it validates completed certs although there are some minor glitches with this also.

We are about to purchase 2in1 type laptop tablets. Hopefully this will reduce inputting time. We were thinking of looking into using easycert: do you know if the easycert software validates the completed certificates? And if you do use it, do you or anyone reading this find it easy to use?

I think for the time being we will continue to use Amtech and only use the niceic online service when a customer specifically ask for an NICEIC cert or report.

Nic's one is license free. Certificates are about a quid each, Not perfect validation of data yet, but they're working on it.
Certs can be saved as templates to be reused.
Archiving and retrieval of certificates on demand.
LABC notification built in.
Certificate as well as field notes, uploads of other documents or images and more.
No, I'm not a salesperson but I believe this is the way to go.
Suck it and see :ihih:

Reply to NICEIConline certification in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net