Discuss Nifty tool for working out awkward angle sizes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently working in a stupid building where everything is at 7 degrees, not a straight span for more than 5m. we have had to cut all our trunking/tray/lighting trunking to match the curve of the building. The annoying thing was figuring out how much to take out to get the 7 degrees. i found this website Angular Size Calculator , hit size, and then put in your angle then width of the tray/trunking etc and hit calculate, it will tell you how much to cut out.
Hope this helps out anyone else on sites where the architect goes, you know what would look cool but be a total pain in the backside for anyone installing here.

i find it quicker to do a bit of basic trigonometry than wade through all that crap.

that would have a heel of a job working out the last tray work i did. was down salt mine. no 2 hangers were the same length. went from 9" to next 1 at 30", back to 17" and so on.

.....How old are you??

I'm not going to tell you Tel's exact age because I'm sworn to secrecy but I can tell you he only became an electrician later in life. Before the advent of electricity he was actually a kitchen fitter and a damn good one by many accounts :)

What were they doing carving the mine out by hand? How old are you??

the floor and walls are reasonably straight, but not the tunnel roofs. even with the floor, had to use scissor lift with hydraulic legs due to the fact that it would fall over without. these tunnels are massive. 50ft. wide by up to 25ft. high.

Reply to Nifty tool for working out awkward angle sizes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I worked with cable tray about 40 years ago and remember I created a couple of simple formulae to work out how much triangular section of the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, would really appreciate some feedback to my mid life crisis, lol. i currently work as a technician on 11kV and Lv main circuits. My job...
Replies
Views
lauriehurman
L
Hi All, Please could someone help me with some of the knowledge questions i am struggling with I have been given knowledge questions to complete...
Replies
Views
E
I think I've Posted this before, but I've just updated it. Some of the sparks where I work still get a little confused of what the different areas...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock