Discuss nightmare split ring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

benji

-
Arms
Reaction score
Called out to house today"no power" front ring dead short switched ring mcb off reset board ,disconnected front grd.floor sockets 2 legs of ring and 1 spur dead short (god knows where spur is connected to ring ) solid floor 75mm approx screed beneath 20mm high quality t&g polished floor boards tw&e run under screed no conduit no protection ??.The day/night before power went off the rain poured down they had to put towels down in front of lobby "like a river outside" no spare ways in board think its going to be 2 radials

Don't want to worry you benji but had similar a while back. Barn conversion with vaulted ceilings, and no roof space or floor voids. All ground floor power buried in screed. After breaking down two rings not one cable had an acceptable IR, most were around 0.1-0.2 megs. The whole of the ground floor power had to be rewired in surface trunking.

Don't want to worry you benji but had similar a while back. Barn conversion with vaulted ceilings, and no roof space or floor voids. All ground floor power buried in screed. After breaking down two rings not one cable had an acceptable IR, most were around 0.1-0.2 megs. The whole of the ground floor power had to be rewired in surface trunking.
Its a problem young couple only moved in this year few weeks dry weather readings might?? improve (but might come back) don,t know if they could claim from company that did survey?

There is a lot of t&e,in this old realm,buried and encased,in materials not conducive with longevity :)

Sometimes it survives longer than it should,and sometimes...

Reply to nightmare split ring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hey there, Sorry I’ve just joined up. I’m a qualified electrician/Electrical engineer. Recently sat my 2391-52. My question is I had a fault...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Greetings ladies/gents. Any advice on the following. avid diyer I’m afraid.... on plans to move rad pipes under the floor upstairs I also decided...
Replies
Views
got called out to a job yesterday. Upstairs ring Mcb not staying on. Done a quick visual took all sockets off didn’t notice anything out of sorts...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock