Discuss No cut-out fuse in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey all, just been doing some testing and in a block of flats all the CU's are fed from the hydro splitter box in the picture. in each flat, and this landlords cupboard, where there is a bs1361 100a fuse there is a label saying "solid link - Do not remove" how would you note this on the test sheet where it asks for main protective device(or similar, haven't got them infront of me). i presume they are fused inside the splitter but there no info about what's inside. Thanks for any help.http://Upload the image directly to the thread.com/HUSABdz.jpg

Assume too that the splitter is fused ... put it down in limitations and put LIM' in the box or as its a newish main a phone call to DNO may have recent records of the install (although luck has to be on your side here).

Just a note not a suggestion ;) ...cant see a seal on the top cover of the splitter???

There's a sort of tough foam where the splits come out. You could probably bust it with a driver. This in a locked cupboard in a building that Allways has someone on site, maybe let's them be more relaxed on regs?
Phoning sse would be a waste of time I'd reckon, il let the gaffer take it up.

There's a sort of tough foam where the splits come out. You could probably bust it with a driver. This in a locked cupboard in a building that Allways has someone on site, maybe let's them be more relaxed on regs?
Phoning sse would be a waste of time I'd reckon, il let the gaffer take it up.

I meant the grey plastic cover over the top half of the splitter and was commenting about a crimped seal not the IP sealing of the cables... just noting I couldn't see the seal ..cough cough!!

I meant the grey plastic cover over the top half of the splitter and was commenting about a crimped seal not the IP sealing of the cables... just noting I couldn't see the seal ..cough cough!!

Careful with that cough DW, we don’t want everyone catching an aversion to seals.

OP, have a look on Google for this

EDS 08-0143
Customer LV supplies above 100A single phase

It’s a different DNO but it will tell you what’s in that head or you could do what everyone else does.

Reply to No cut-out fuse in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net