Discuss No earth in lighting circuit what next? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

See this is a good point. You go to a property and theres t and e clipped down a wall and there is bare copper showing...client doesnt want any work done to such cable....do you just walk away??
If the client wants to keep a mental pit bull that might rip your throat out that's up to him as well. We are not the police.

If the client wants to keep a mental pit bull that might rip your throat out that's up to him as well. We are not the police.

Or the client might be more mental than a deranged pit bill and already had the hump that his wife agreed to having you in to replace the C/U when it worked fine before you turned up, so you are already taking liberties with his misses, and if you disconnect that circuit with a bare conductor that feeds the tv he watches Millwall on, he will kick off.

Or the client might be more mental than a deranged pit bill and already had the hump that his wife agreed to having you in to replace the C/U when it worked fine before you turned up, so you are already taking liberties with his misses, and if you disconnect that circuit with a bare conductor that feeds the tv he watches Millwall on, he will kick off.
If he is a Milwall fan, I wouldn't even stop outside his gaff

All in all I think op you have just been very unfortunate with this customer....I’ve never had one yet that when the dangers of no cpc were explained didn’t opt for class 2 fittings...

Last edited:
Well its Monday morning. Hope Elliott got some sleep over the weekend, after some put the heebie-jeebies into him.

Made the weekend fly.

His house was probably raided in the early hours and the police forensic team have been searching for the screwdriver he used to tighten the the lighting cable in the new C/U as evidence at his old Bailey trial.

Reply to No earth in lighting circuit what next? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net