Discuss No electric in my garage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

gimpchop

Hi i had my garage converted in to a office about 5 years ago. Today i went out to my garage and there is no electric. I have checked the mcbs in the garage and they are all in the correc possitions and allso the main mcbs in the house and all are in the correct positions can any one point me in the right direction in to trouble shooting it pls.

Hi i had my garage converted in to a office about 5 years ago. Today i went out to my garage and there is no electric. I have checked the mcbs in the garage and they are all in the correc possitions and allso the main mcbs in the house and all are in the correct positions can any one point me in the right direction in to trouble shooting it pls.
Have you checked the RCDs? try resetting the cbs sometimes they can fail in the ON position

Hi dont think there is a fuse just a rcd in the main fuse box in my house leading to a fuse box in the garage conversation with rcd for lights, sockets, water heaterand the main cut all rcd all seem in tacked and in the on position. I have switched al rcds on and off a few times with no effect.

Hi dont think there is a fuse just a rcd in the main fuse box in my house leading to a fuse box in the garage conversation with rcd for lights, sockets, water heaterand the main cut all rcd all seem in tacked and in the on position. I have switched al rcds on and off a few times with no effect.

If there is no fuse to be changed and you've exercised the MCBs and RCDs and there's still no power, it's time to call your local friendly Electrician who will have the tools, knowledge and experience to quickly find the problem. And hopefully the fix won't take long either ... haven't been digging in the garden nearby have you ? :)

No no digging
But i did install a lay-z-spa but it had been on and working for about 7h before it went off.

Hi rhanks for the reply. Yes there is a fused spure from my main fusebox in the house but it hasnt tripped the mcb in there either.
Might seem a daft question, but that z-spa on for all those hours would be quite a heavy load, you haven't burnt out a main L or N in the Garage CU have you, due to a loose connection?

Hi done a little testing. With a voltage tester there dont seem to be any power from the mcb on the main fuse board. Ive teaced the cable from fhe fuse board to a join where it comes from the house to the armored cable and there is no power there either.

Hi done a little testing. With a voltage tester there dont seem to be any power from the mcb on the main fuse board. Ive teaced the cable from fhe fuse board to a join where it comes from the house to the armored cable and there is no power there either.
Join what sort of joint? a wacky one?

Last edited:

Reply to No electric in my garage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock