Discuss No more questions on safe isolation please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Saw these in the bosses cupboard the other day while checking dates on test equipment - intrinsically safe voltage indicators - beauty's huh?
Though only a glorified neon screwdriver! No more questions on safe isolation please IMG_4333.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Looks like they are made out of Araldite dispensers.
I haven't said that word for a while - grew up with my dad having that around. Instant memory, cheers!

Blimey, haven't seen a pair of test probes like that for years.

Nice video Pete. Got to get me one of those screwdrivers, will take up much less room than my 2 pole ;);)

Now Pete, how did you know that was going to be my next question ?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now how did you know that was going to be my next question ?:)
Because how desirable they are, got mine back in the mid 70s, the 1970s before any smart Alec's start up, still boxed up I may add, never used because I knew the Store man and got two sets.

Bet they still work as good as new too. I've still got one of the old Black test screwdrivers that the Electric board issued, tucked away in a box somewhere. Think they were made by Neo

Bet they still work as good as new too. I've still got one of the old Black test screwdrivers that the Electric board issued, tucked away in a box somewhere. Think they were made by Neo
I had onelong time ago, but it got lost, being a tool tart I tried and tried to get hold of one, a kindly member on the forum sent me one free of charge, I honestly can't recall who it was, but I am forever grateful to him.

They were a solid bit of kit, do you remember the testoscope & Junior testoscope ?

Not sure if I've still got the lead for the Neo as well.
Know what you mean about being a tool tart mate, that's me too.

They were a solid bit of kit, do you remember the testoscope & Junior testoscope ?

Not sure if I've still got the lead for the Neo as well.
Know what you mean about being a tool tart mate, that's me too.
Rings a bell, but not really, just google testoscope, bit like the item the member gave me, but I honestly thought they were NEOs

They're virtually identical Pete, except the Neo is bit stubbier. I sent a Junior to someone on the forum yonks ago but not a clue who.

They're virtually identical Pete, except the Neo is bit stubbier. I sent a Junior to someone on the forum yonks ago but not a clue who.
So you could be the phantom donator then, if it was many thanks, did you have a different avatar / name in those days?

It's possible Pete but really not a clue mate, if it was me then your more than welcome.
The junior is much slimmer than the neo & the end cap is much flatter whereas the neo was more domed.

Reply to No more questions on safe isolation please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock