Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss no rcd for new shower. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

been to a job looking at a replacement shower ,having looked at the shower .nice job ,but no shower RCD ,I have spoken to the customer and have told them should have been a shower RCD in play, now considering it the old wylex 3036 board and now needs a RCD putting in , the fuse is 3036
    30 amp ,now considering weather I put in a inline RCD or a new consumer unit ,your thought's chaps, and to top it off not much money .

2. Dave OCD

Dave OCD Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Hendry Electrical Services
    If at all possible and the customer can afford it I'd discuss a new board to include all circuits, makes more sense to do the lot at once ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    If not at all affordable, an in-line to cover that circuit.
    How did you think this thread was going to go Buzz?

• Like Like x 2
  4. wirepuller

wirepuller Forum Mentor

We need to introduce a 'Most pointless thread of the week' award.;)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  5. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

now where did I put that lead balloon.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    What have you done with Buzz? A few commas and full stops spaced and whether spelt weather which is easily done!
    Alien attack, alien attack!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 7029 dave

7029 dave Forum Mentor

IMO, new CU, at the very least inline RCD. If the price is tight for the minimum walk away.!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. buzzlightyear

there is the h was missing from the post ,before the sirens on the spell check police sees it .;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ian1981

Ian1981 Forum Mentor

Are the circuits in the location supplementary bonded together connecting any class 1 and class 11 equipment to any extraneous conductive parts serving the location ?

10. buzzlightyear

not gone that far yet ,having see it to day,so no testing has yet .will sort that out when the price goes in .

11. DPG

DPG Respected Member

What rating is shower?

12. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    WET.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. rolyberkin

rolyberkin Electrician's Arms

If it is a like for like replacement not technically required but I would be writing it on cert that recomendations to fit one had been made. I have just had one where I have explained that the cost of me fitting a 'shower' CU or RCD is a bit of a waste of money and that they should change the board, added problem was that the CU was in a very small cupboard where I couldn't fit it in, they have decided to go with a board change. Depends on the customers financial situation, the bottom line is if they cannot afford it they will get someone in to change the shower anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. wirepuller

wirepuller Forum Mentor

Manufacturers instructions will certainly specify an RCD though, so even if it's like for like you cant ignore it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

You should take the manufacturers instructions into account, and could then choose to ignore them, following a risk assessment of course. Install the shower, as is.

Go past go, collect your £200 and quietly disappear into the sunset, in the knowledge that no **** has happened in the last **years, so jobs a good 'en.

Ones insured, and if said **** happens, you can rely on insurance company paying out, 'cos you done your risk assessment against manufacturers instructions etc etc.

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?

Response Buzz style :D

• Funny Funny x 3