Discuss no rcd for new shower. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
been to a job looking at a replacement shower ,having looked at the shower .nice job ,but no shower RCD ,I have spoken to the customer and have told them should have been a shower RCD in play, now considering it the old wylex 3036 board and now needs a RCD putting in , the fuse is 3036
30 amp ,now considering weather I put in a inline RCD or a new consumer unit ,your thought's chaps, and to top it off not much money .

If not at all affordable, an in-line to cover that circuit.
How did you think this thread was going to go Buzz?

been to a job looking at a replacement shower ,having looked at the shower .nice job ,but no shower RCD ,I have spoken to the customer and have told them should have been a shower RCD in play, now considering it the old wylex 3036 board and now needs a RCD putting in , the fuse is 3036
30 amp ,now considering weather I put in a inline RCD or a new consumer unit ,your thought's chaps, and to top it off not much money .
What have you done with Buzz? A few commas and full stops spaced and whether spelt weather which is easily done!
Alien attack, alien attack!

Are the circuits in the location supplementary bonded together connecting any class 1 and class 11 equipment to any extraneous conductive parts serving the location ?

If it is a like for like replacement not technically required but I would be writing it on cert that recomendations to fit one had been made. I have just had one where I have explained that the cost of me fitting a 'shower' CU or RCD is a bit of a waste of money and that they should change the board, added problem was that the CU was in a very small cupboard where I couldn't fit it in, they have decided to go with a board change. Depends on the customers financial situation, the bottom line is if they cannot afford it they will get someone in to change the shower anyway.

Manufacturers instructions will certainly specify an RCD though, so even if it's like for like you cant ignore it.

You should take the manufacturers instructions into account, and could then choose to ignore them, following a risk assessment of course. Install the shower, as is.

Go past go, collect your £200 and quietly disappear into the sunset, in the knowledge that no ---- has happened in the last **years, so jobs a good 'en.

Ones insured, and if said ---- happens, you can rely on insurance company paying out, 'cos you done your risk assessment against manufacturers instructions etc etc.

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?

Response Buzz style :D

Well,that's about 37 kA ,so the 6mm will be fine,to meet disconnection times....;)

Reply to no rcd for new shower. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock