Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Not an electrician but just joined and saying hi in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Stickola

Stickola New EF Member

I've just signed up to the forum and popping over to say hi and introduce myself.

I don't have an electrical background and I've recently started a new job in a growing business and am picking up Health & Safety stuff, so need to get my head around maintaining the company's electrical equipment.

Being unqualified and inexperienced, I'm not planning to do this myself but want to have enough knowledge to figure out what to do with it all (Visual inspections, PA Testing etc) and when.

Apologies in advance for the daft questions that will probably follow :grimacing:

2. Adam W

Adam W Regular EF Member

Welcome to the forum Stickola!

• Like Like x 1
  3. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome Stickola.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

Welcome to the forum mate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. darkwood

darkwood Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

The forum welcomes you as long as you don't aspire to be a plumber :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Respected Member

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    Welcome along.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dmxtothemax

dmxtothemax Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    David Haddock Electronic Repairs
    This always goes a long way -
    " Common sense "
    [​IMG]

8. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Welcome Mate

9. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    http://www.hse.gov.uk/pUbns/priced/hsg85.pdf
    Hi and welcome. The above will no doubt be the first order of work. It pretty well covers the statutory framework for electrical equipment. It may cause questions to arise in your mind. I don't imagine you will be the most popular person enacting and getting others to conform to the accepted practices. I suppose it will be down to how charming you are. I am the "responsible person" in a commercial setting for some large buildings, electrically anyway. However most of the people who run the place are quite ok with H&S requirements and understand that if you go too far you may need some kind of counselling. Anyway ask away if you find bits that need clarifying.

10. Stickola

Stickola New EF Member

No-one mentioned that in the job spec!

Thanks, I'm getting my head around that document. I might need some refresher training at charm school, I very much recall taking the mickey out of the H&S people in my last job, so this is my comeuppance ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018