Discuss Not looking good for planet Earth in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Did you know, because I didn’t, that when you extract Helium from the air for our uses, it doesn’t get reintroduced to what it once was, molecularly.
Think twice before you buy your party balloons.
Though it is funny speaking in a high voice for 10 seconds!

Whoa a minute... so the earth didn't start 6,000 years ago?

.....Somebody better start talking sense...
That was mankind from Adam and Eve in the garden - the earth is old but created in 6 days - He rested on the 7th Job done!

Dawned on me,the other day,what kind of a sustainability policy,some of our more adventurous religions possess,if it's all ending,anyway...

I will politely enquire,the next time JW's come a knockin'...and if they come in a Prius,it will be one more bone-of-contention,for me to point out :rolleyes:

the planet will look after itself. it's constantly (albeit slowly) morphing and allowing for the gases etc.that we produce. in biblical times it was square, as per reference to the 4 corners of the earth. up until the end of the 15th Century, the Earth was flat. once that Columbus started out,the whole earth went from a flat disc to a ball shape. the continent of the americas was formed from nothing to keep the ball in balance and prevent it from reverting to a disc.

the planet will look after itself. it's constantly (albeit slowly) morphing and allowing for the gases etc.that we produce. in biblical times it was square, as per reference to the 4 corners of the earth. up until the end of the 15th Century, the Earth was flat. once that Columbus started out,the whole earth went from a flat disc to a ball shape. the continent of the americas was formed from nothing to keep the ball in balance and prevent it from reverting to a disc.

This post actually concerns me

why, were you once flat? :p:p:p.

Your post is a little difficult to fathom, but it almost sounds like your saying that because we were wrong about the earth being flat we are wrong about the effects of global warming.

This seems backed up by "the planet will look after itself"?

Or, you have an entirly different point in your post and it's just not come across very well.

what i meant was that the earth will adapt. back in the day, when it was flat, all the water in the oceans was about to fall off the edge, so the earth became spherical. it did go a bit wrong though because Australia ended up being upside down. it should have been in the north atlantic, but ocean currents drove it towards the land of ice, on route it knocked Gibralter off the south coast of Spain, creating a bone of contention starting with PhilipII sending his armada to try and steal Britain as compensation for losing Gib. Drake soon sent that lot scurrying back. :D:D:D. so there you have it.

You must be aware that we reside on a living planet with shifting tectonic plates that are not sealed. We have open fissures all over the planet that spew surphuric gases into the atmosphere every second of everyday since the earth was created.
Mankind may be living on and using its resources as was intended but to think that we have a greater impact than the earth itself is very narrow minded (blinkered).
The earth looks after itself, nitrogen in the soil to make things grow come from two sources Lightning flashes and tuberous plants decaying - don’t tell me that we are greater or even a threat to Gods wonderful creation.
You only have to see the 2004 and 2011 tsunamis (not our fault BTW) to understand how insignificant we are - that part of the earth gave itself a ‘mouthwash’ all over in an hour yet to us it was catastrophe.
We don’t even want to think about Yellowstone’s magma chamber!
Let’s be nicer to one another first, you’ll see greater change in those actions.

Last edited:
Don’t worry about the Earth it’ll look after itself pretty well, we’ve got bigger things to think about and it near enough all involves stupid people who can’t see past their noses.
The planet will look after itself I agree with you, there will be natural disasters to cull the humans in future years, look around to see what is happening most of Africa wants to be in Europe in the future it will cause conflict and war.

You must be aware that we reside on a living planet with shifting tectonic plates that are not sealed. We have open fissures all over the planet that spew surphuric gases into the atmosphere every second of everyday since the earth was created.
Mankind may be living on and using its resources as was intended but to think that we have a greater impact than the earth itself is very narrow minded (blinkered).
The earth looks after itself, nitrogen in the soil to make things grow come from two sources Lightning flashes and tuberous plants decaying - don’t tell me that we are greater or even a threat to Gods wonderful creation.
You only have to see the 2004 and 2011 tsunamis (not our fault BTW) to understand how insignificant we are - that part of the earth gave itself a ‘mouthwash’ all over in an hour yet to us it was catastrophe.
We don’t even want to think about Yellowstone’s magma chamber!
Let’s be nicer to one another first, you’ll see greater change in those actions.
There was a report that we have at the best 100 years left of fertile soil to grow stuff, we need to invest in hydroponics. Future wars wars will be fought for water.

Some worrying comments for me.

You can't compare natural disasters to the damage being done by the use of fossil fuels. What you can say is natural disasters are on the increase due to rising temperatures.

We can't just say "the earth will look after itself" because all that does it promote an attitude of not caring or being concious of our actions

This post actually concerns me
Was you concern that land masses could re-combine, and we will wobble our selves out of existence?
------
To put your mind at rest below are several reasons not to worry.
Chaos loves random - not order
Biblical simplifications=in a No Science World-wer'e naturally inquisitive !

Some worrying comments for me.

You can't compare natural disasters to the damage being done by the use of fossil fuels. What you can say is natural disasters are on the increase due to rising temperatures.

We can't just say "the earth will look after itself" because all that does it promote an attitude of not caring or being concious of our actions
I disagree, the earth will look after itself, we will just become extinct in the future just like the dinosaurs.

Was you concern that land masses could re-combine, and we will wobble our selves out of existence?
------
To put your mind at rest below are several reasons not to worry.
Chaos loves random - not order
Biblical simplifications=in a No Science World-wer'e naturally inquisitive !
Like the Butterfly effect of Brexit........

Reply to Not looking good for planet Earth in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock