Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Not sure how he got everything in there..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Marvo

Marvo Gender Confused Staff Member

I assembled a liquid level control on the workshop bench this morning. I was in a rush so I just put the two 11-pin liquid level relays and 8 terminals on a loose piece of DIN rail, wired them up and quickly plugged it in the the bench supply to test it.

I left it in the hands of my newest guy to fit everything in a box, mount it on the wall and fit the cables which were already existing. I wasn't expecting too much, he's not qualified and doesn't have any formal education or quals. I told him which enclosure to use but there was obviously some misunderstanding. I got back into the workshop tonight and had a quick look to see how he'd done.

7.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

Cannot believe the use of stuffing glands and knotted cables.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Incredible isn't it. Knots are for when you forget your stuffers, such a waste of materials.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Marvo

Yeah, I thought you'd like his individual style. Not sure why he knotted the cable, the gland it's going through actually has a surfix cable in it as well and they're tight as hell. Belt and braces I guess :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

...Can't believe it's under that service strainer...;)

6. Marvo

The location was my doing, the strainer was made redundant when a disk filter was installed just to the left of it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DPG

DPG Electrician's Arms

That reminds me of the challenges you used to get on The Krypton Factor where all the pieces of the puzzle only fitted in the perspex cube in one particular combination. Did you guy stand behind this box with his arm folded when he had finished it?

Marvo, you might want to Google 'Krypton Factor' :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. elsparko

elsparko Regular EF Member

it goes in, but does it come back out with ease?

9. Marvo

Lol, it's working so I won't be taking anything out anytime soon.

That box he used is actually meant to house a 100mm x 100mm (4 by 4 if you use inches) double socket. I had to give him credit where it was due, he certainly used some inginuity to get everything in. I wasn't overly worried about the installation because it's only going to be there for a couple of months when the entire pump arrangement will change again.

I remember krypton factor on the UK TV when I was at Uni for a couple of years in Manchester and North Staffs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. littlespark

littlespark Electrician's Arms

When I see things packed in like that, the Tetris theme song plays over in my head.

Wasted most of 1996 on that game.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

I was thinking 1996 was about 10 years too late for tetris, but then saw you were in Scotland :D

• Funny Funny x 2