Discuss Not sure if it is safe? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I am new of this forum, sorry my English is not great.
I don't know nothing about electrical, I just moved to my new council house 4 weeks ago, upstairs in the hall it did not have any socket so I contact council asked to fit a socket for my Ebac dehumidifier 3850e it runs on 230v 13amps 200watts per hour. I only use in the daytime at the winter time only it come on and off auto if there any damp in the air.
I was not satisfied when the first council man finish the job mind look stupid but he said the steel beam that support the house was in the way he could not do straight wiring down so he moved one inch further with hole go under the carpet.

So I contact council again and complain. They send the second different council man to come have a look he said that is fine nothing to worry about it.

I want like you all have look photos to think if this is ok?

The cable print out 6242Y Twin & Earth Cable 1mm² x 10m 300-500v is this right one for the dehumidifier 3850e it runs on 230v 13amps 200watts per hour

I am bit worry because I hear not allow to have wire under the carpet may cause a fire. I am waiting to hear from you.

Fab.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Hi I am new of this forum, sorry my English is not great.
I don't know nothing about electrical, I just moved to my new council house 4 weeks ago, upstairs in the hall it did not have any socket so I contact council asked to fit a socket for my Ebac dehumidifier 3850e it runs on 230v 13amps 200watts per hour. I only use in the daytime at the winter time only it come on and off auto if there any damp in the air.
I was not satisfied when the first council man finish the job mind look stupid but he said the steel beam that support the house was in the way he could not do straight wiring down so he moved one inch further with hole go under the carpet.

So I contact council again and complain. They send the second different council man to come have a look he said that is fine nothing to worry about it.

I want like you all have look photos to think if this is ok?

The cable print out 6242Y Twin & Earth Cable 1mm² x 10m 300-500v is this right one for the dehumidifier 3850e it runs on 230v 13amps 200watts per hour

I am bit worry because I hear not allow to have wire under the carpet may cause a fire. I am waiting to hear from you.

Fab.

View attachment 40695

View attachment 40696

View attachment 40697

View attachment 40698
That's a bit of a rough old job there mate

looking at the last pic., that is totally unacceptable. the cable should have gone straight under the floor from the trunking, even if it meant cutting the floor and repairing after. surely there must ave been a better position for the socket anyway.

Can you confirm the cable size is 1.0mm not 1.5mm?

And where is the other end connected to?

oops, it's a council job. so it's mega fantastic. must have been a top spark done it.

He said the steel beam was in the way impossible to drilled.
show them this:
shopping

looking at the last pic., that is totally unacceptable. the cable should have gone straight under the floor from the trunking, even if it meant cutting the floor and repairing after. surely there must ave been a better position for the socket anyway.
Council job what do you expect?

i don't think there's any imminent danger with it, but capt. smith on the titanic said the same.

If i'm not mistaken then that socket is the old MK from about 30 years ago? Anyone agree?
Maybe not that old, but if that is an MK sign and not a smudge between the pins, you may well be correct.:oops:
Council stock? They were decent sockets, though. Different manufacturers still making sockets with the same profile.

Maybe not that old, but if that is an MK sign and not a smudge between the pins, you may well be correct.:oops:
Council stock? They were decent sockets, though. Different manufacturers still making sockets with the same profile.
That's what I thought but the socket does not look new to me is this a old existing socket they have come off of or the new one for the landing?

Reply to Not sure if it is safe? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net