Discuss notifiable work confusion in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gazspark

can anybody help me?

i have been contracting to companys for the past three years and i am thinking of advertising and starting up myself. when i have done work for the companys they tested and notified building control, what i need advice on is if i do notifiable work what would i have to do, i no how to test but i have not got 2391 and not a member of niceic.

any advice would be great.

best advicxe is to join napit or elecsa.

no. try a visit to napit.s site and request an infopack.

napit and elecsa will want to inspect 2 jobs, one major and one minor, see your certs for them, assess your competence in safe working, testing etc.

I am with elecsa at moment and if anything found the assesment a bit too easy. you don't need 2391 you just have to prove compitance, and they only saw 1 of my jobs though it was a wide ranging one.
Paul

thanx its all abit clearer to me now, didnt realy want to sit 2391 because lads who i work with have told me how hard it is.

thanks for the advice

Reply to notifiable work confusion in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, Just a quick question, I am an electrical maintenance engineer and have 18th edition, inspection and testing and so on, so I get...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock