Discuss Nuaire Drimaster PIV - anyone fitted one and any feedback on whether they work? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

rick.oshea

Hi All,

One of my regular customers has a condensation problem in one of her properties and has asked if these units actually work?

Anyone have any experience of them and can comment on models (or other brands)??

Thanks in advance...

Fitted loads, including one in my own place and quite a few for a local authority (in some very badly affected properties). They work very well indeed.

Fantastic product, good price 5 year warranty which is actually worth something. Fitted a good few and they've solved the condensation problem, also fitted the flat master for ground floor flats. Personally don't think the price is worth it for the preheat model but that's just me, and I do like the fact that it shuts off in the summer so it doesn't blow warm air into house

Awesome chaps - thanks for the feedback.

Mixed reviews on google but knew I could get a solid answer on our beloved EF!

Thanks again.....

I should add that it's important to set the fan speed right - too fast and the tenant will be complaining of drafts, too slow and the unit won't be as effective as it could be. Also, make use of the diffuser blanking wedges if its location risks throwing a draft down an adjacent wall (this'll make more sense when you read the instructions and have a unit in front of you).

Finally, make sure the loft space, where you're fitting the unit, is well ventilated, insulated and dry - otherwise you'll risk blowing moist, stale air back into the property. Any water tanks up there should be well covered.

I'm also not a fan of the heater version - that's mainly due to the energy efficiency bit of me balking at the thought of a 500w electric heater clicking on and off with gay abandon... Client's choice at the end of the day, but all Drimaster versions will cure condensation equally well. No point bothering with competitor's products IMO - Nuaire invented the technology and the Drimasters are simple, effective and well priced.

With regards per heat only complaint I ever got about one was that it made landing cold, retro fitted preheater and they where over moon with it.

Fantastic product, good price 5 year warranty which is actually worth something. Fitted a good few and they've solved the condensation problem, also fitted the flat master for ground floor flats. Personally don't think the price is worth it for the preheat model but that's just me, and I do like the fact that it shuts off in the summer so it doesn't blow warm air into house
Hi, are they easy to install? Or do you work around Yorkshire area, I am very interested in getting one for my ground floor flat. Many Thanks

Reply to Nuaire Drimaster PIV - anyone fitted one and any feedback on whether they work? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock