Discuss number min sockets HMO in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello guys
in a HMO i saw some guidance charts on recommended number of sockets does anyone have this to had.
carried out an EICR on a HMO and noticed quite a few singles sockets and no double with quite a few extension leads.

There is no reason why you cannot comment for provision of adequate socket outlets but your main remit whilst carrying out an EICR is the safety for continued use of the existing installation.

I tried to find the minimum provision requirements for HMOs a while ago. The only thing I could find were minimum requirements for communal areas such as the kitchen.

Reply to number min sockets HMO in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Recently been working on a system design for a LL. I was told the building would be a three floor 16 room HMO, so the design was done to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm going to replace some sockets during a routine redecoration of our lounge including replacing some singles with doubles with USB...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I moved home a few months ago and the electrics RCD keep tripping. Sometimes it will happen every few days and sometimes will be fine for a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock