Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss NVQ level 3 2357, help please in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Moly220

Moly220 New EF Member

Hi guys,

Currently in my 3rd year of my apprenticeship and so far passed all assignments etc however the college advised us all to hold back on our portfolio until the third year, just collect pictures and evidence of certain tasks which I have about 100 photos which range from testing, to health and safety to tray work etc etc however our tutor who looked after the NVQ has just decided to pack up and leave for more money..

So far my NVQ is about 20% written up (started 2 weeks ago) but really struggling on how to go about writing up the job and laying out all the relevant information. The Whole class is in the same boat as we are in the dark at the moment..

I feel cheeky asking but I doubt I will get this done in time on my own and don't want to waste 3/4 years.. so does anyone has any old portfolios or templates I could follow to get my up to scratch? Any information would be great!!

Thanks for you time guys, any help will be greatly appreciated as I need as much help as I can get with college leaving everything to last minute..

Thanks guys,
    James

[email protected]

2. Dobes_88

Dobes_88 Jamie

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rpa07

Rpa07 2000 posts - only 46379 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    I used a free print app which gives you 45 free prints for postage of £4.99 (cheaper than your own ink) you get this allowance once a month. Use those prints to stick one on each supplementary evidence sheet and in the spare space (I tippexed out the lines) write what you have done and why.
    Do that 45 times, don't waffle, use correct electrotechnical terminology and chuck a BS7671 reference in every now and again. When the next month comes around order more prints and do it again. This will push you to capture as much evidence pictorially as possible. You don't need a photo on each sheet but I find that it helps the reader.
    Evidence referencing I ordered mine E1 E2 E3 you get the drift and that is what you put on the outcome boxes on the module in the portfolio.
    Try not to make more of it than it actually is. It's evidence in picture and writing - if you knew what you were doing when you took the photo then you'll know what to write (with maybe a little bit of research)
    You can do it. Crack on

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moly220

Moly220 New EF Member

Cheers mate, yeah I know most of the terminology to be used etc but as it's just been thrown at me and its just a case of where do you even start because the tutor is buggering off and haven't given us any information or guidance.

5. Rpa07

Rpa07 2000 posts - only 46379 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    So what 20% have you done then?
    Take one of the supplementary sheets and have a go at one of the outcomes with one of your photos, see how you get on.
    Be thankful it's not the online one - it sounds like it's a pain.

6. Moly220

Moly220 New EF Member

So far the most I've done is laying out all the job specification side with proof and copies of RAMs & PTW and health and safety regulations. I've started laying out different topics that I need to cover but I feel I'm going the wrong way about it all..

7. juanmanners

juanmanners Trainee Access

I'm working through 2357 at the moment. It is a struggle to get the write ups done, really got to force myself to do it. I made a checklist for the learning outcomes to make it easier to see what you've done and what still needs doing, it's a bit of a pain in the arse flicking through the portfolio every time. You can scan through and see which learning outcomes your evidence can apply to as well. If you think you might find it useful I can email you the word doc version mate

Attached Files: