Discuss nvq in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wilson12

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hello ive just finished the level 3 2365 course.
im working as a electrical improver and want to start my nvq portfolio as im working.When i search online to sign up for the nvq all i see is private companies far away offering the nvq. As i dont have 1000 pounds plus spare at the moment to go with them and want to keep the ball rolling is there not a way to sign up to start doing the portfolio and then pay for the tests and assesors like am2 when your ready?
my tutors were not clear with the next stage signing up for the nvq

take loads of photos of work you are diong. as much variety as possible. make sure you get yourself in a lot of the pics., actually doing something. don't forget to show metal containment and SWA glandong and terminating.

Im wondering if i can start the portfolio now sign up for it and start that part of the nvq as it takes months.Or do i have to pay 1500 pounds to even start that part and is it only really private places that offer the nvq?
thanks

Think it really depends on what each company stipulate, as stated above you can begin taking pictures etc whilst saving up for the NVQ.

I'm doing mine with XS training which involves taking a shed load of pictures meeting different criteria, then essentially having a Skype with the assessor to act as a professional discussion. I believe they offer a monthly payment option rather than coughing up £1000 in one go.

Try Quickstep Electrical they offer Payment plans.
However do not include AM2 in their prices.

AM2 can range from £600-£800

Reply to nvq in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net