Discuss NVQ3 2356, three phase question in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I will be enrolling on the NVQ3 2356 soon but have a question regarding the three phase element. As i work for agencys as an improver its seldom that I ever get asked to connect up three phase equipment, or test it. How have any of you previous students on the 2356 (mature candidate) found their way of navigating the three phase element. The AM2 requires three phase connection & testing, is that sufficient enough ? Single phase connection & testing I have access to, but the three phase is more of a rarity,.

Thanks

What is it that you want to know/don't understand about it? From memory of am2 it's a very basic understanding of 3 phase involving a lock off and test procedure and connecting up a DOL starter which can't really go wrong as the rest is pre wired providing the sequence is correct

What is it that you want to know/don't understand about it? From memory of am2 it's a very basic understanding of 3 phase involving a lock off and test procedure and connecting up a DOL starter which can't really go wrong as the rest is pre wired providing the sequence is correct

Hi Matt, its about having additional 3 phase jobs other than the one in the AM2. If the NVQ 3 portfolio needs only the one three phase job mentioned then thats okay ive got nothing to worry about.

Um could have worded my original post better, sorry. Its should state "how many three phase jobs need appear in NVQ3, is the AM2 job alone sufficient"

Hi Haptism.

I worked on a lot of three phase stuff while doing my nvq but one of my friends on the same course as me only worked in caravan industry and domestic industry and did no 3 phase at all. All the 3 phase he did was in the Am2 and that was enough for him to pass his nvq3 so I would say the 3 phase in the Am2 is sufficient to complete the nvq.

Hi Haptism.

I worked on a lot of three phase stuff while doing my nvq but one of my friends on the same course as me only worked in caravan industry and domestic industry and did no 3 phase at all. All the 3 phase he did was in the Am2 and that was enough for him to pass his nvq3 so I would say the 3 phase in the Am2 is sufficient to complete the nvq.

Okay thanks mate

Reply to NVQ3 2356, three phase question in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock