Discuss Obsolete Timeguard PIR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ImpededLoop

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A potential customer has an external light control system originally manufactured by Timeguard. There's a controller in the loft space which has a 2 core cable to each PIR which seems to be a bus wire. The PIR's are now failing, part number: SL099. I've found them on Google but they are discontinued and nobody seems to have any available.

http://www.timeguard.com/media/266/SL099_Instr.pdf

Does anyone know anywhere that may stock them? I know it's more likely that the system will have to be replaced. Is there a similar system that uses a two core cable to link the PIR's to a central controller?

There was a similar post on here in 2015 which got not replies, but I thought that it was worth a try

there are similar systems with PIRs on 12V. Voltek and GED.

Cheers Tel. Voltek looks good, thanks. I couldn't find GED online though.

EDIT: Just noticed the Voltek needs three wires. Unfortunately the existing installation only has two.

Last edited:
if you google smiths 12 volt security system it bring this site up, in 2015 the famous tazz replied with full instructions that a gjd opal will fit it, the piccy is same as our system

Reply to Obsolete Timeguard PIR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock