Discuss Occupancy switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rwb

Been asked today to fit some sort of occupancy switch to customers living room lights, the lady in question is disabled and has very limited amount of movement so I don't want anything that is going to keep switching the light off if she is immoble for any amout of time. does anyone have any ideas or knowledge of a switch that maybe suitable?

Not sure what you are trying to achieve with the occupancy sensor ie light on all the time the room is occupied or only if light levels fall below a predetermined level

Most occupancy sensors are PIR based although there are some that sense sound as well they will turn the lighting off once no movement or noise is detected for the set time. This would be difficult with the circumstances you list

If you Google "occupancy sensors" you may find one that suits your application

The only other suggestion would be a remote controlled light switch

i have the remote ones in the lounge and bedroom just because i am lazy :D
the home easy ones are quite good as you can control sockets boilers etc with them. programmable too. I am getting the sms unit so i can turn the lights on when we are away from a standard text.

Reply to Occupancy switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hi there I am getting someone in to change an outdoor switch and outdoor wall light (like for like). The old switch and light was covered by a...
Replies
Views
I'm considering using several of the remote WiFi switch sets to control a group of five different lights. The existing switches are all grouped...
Replies
Views
Plasterer has been in this week and after leaving today, he left the light on in the room. I went to the room to turn the light off and saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi I know I have to do more testing but I just want to see if there is something I’m missing. Customer said light fitting in the loft was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock